I have an iPhone 7 that was purchased outright (full price) from Sprint by a family member that doesn't have a Sprint account (they wanted to switch to Sprint but didn't). I bought it from them because I personally use a Sprint MVNO and I activated the phone on my account but the carrier I use cannot unlock it. There is no balance owed and nothing is wrong with the phone. When I call Sprint to unlock it, they can't pull up my account info because I use a MVNO. I need to unlock it because I want to switch to a different carrier now. Does anyone know what to do in this situation? Basically Sprint won't unlock it because I don't have an account with them but it is a Sprint phone and eligible to be unlocked
    01-10-2017 08:38 PM
    My advice would be to get the purchase receipt from the "family member" as proof that the device was purchased outright and then couple it with Sprint's unlock policy, if applicable, to get them to unlock it for you. Keep calling Sprint until you get someone who can or will unlock it for you.
    01-11-2017 07:21 PM