Help with unlocking Sprint iPhone?

beanie_17

Jan 10, 2017
Visit site
I have an iPhone 7 that was purchased outright (full price) from Sprint by a family member that doesn't have a Sprint account (they wanted to switch to Sprint but didn't). I bought it from them because I personally use a Sprint MVNO and I activated the phone on my account but the carrier I use cannot unlock it. There is no balance owed and nothing is wrong with the phone. When I call Sprint to unlock it, they can't pull up my account info because I use a MVNO. I need to unlock it because I want to switch to a different carrier now. Does anyone know what to do in this situation? Basically Sprint won't unlock it because I don't have an account with them but it is a Sprint phone and eligible to be unlocked

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My advice would be to get the purchase receipt from the "family member" as proof that the device was purchased outright and then couple it with Sprint's unlock policy, if applicable, to get them to unlock it for you. Keep calling Sprint until you get someone who can or will unlock it for you.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2