Mute the imore news posts?

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
Is it possible to mute the imore blog/news forum posts?

I used to come here daily but now its so inundated with news posts that everytime I hit “new posts” I have to weed through dozens of nonsense just to find an actual post.

I stopped visiting the site in a browser due to the outrageous amount of ads and Im finding it unbearable to use tapatalk now due to the amount of unnecessary blog posts in the forums. The forums are supposed to be for users to discuss things, not a secondary place to read the blog and news feeds.

Im trying not to completely give up on this site but its becoming increasingly difficult.

Please tell me I can mute them somehow.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
In Tapatalk go to Forums tab, choose iMore > iMore Community Discussions > iMore.com News Discussion, and swipe left to mark as read. This will remove all iMore news article threads from the Unread tab.

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
In Tapatalk go to Forums tab, choose iMore > iMore Community Discussions > iMore.com News Discussion, and swipe left to mark as read. This will remove all iMore news article threads from the Unread tab.

Ok thats a start. I assume I gotta do this every time I visit?

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I just go in the Forums section immediately, and use the yellow highlighted markings to see what I haven’t read. I simply never used the “Unread” tab.

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
I just go in the Forums section immediately, and use the yellow highlighted markings to see what I haven’t read. I simply never used the “Unread” tab.

I read all forums so seeing all unread topics at once is far easier.

I cant imagine why anyone thought adding news posts to the forum section as new topics was a good idea.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I read all forums so seeing all unread topics at once is far easier.

I cant imagine why anyone thought adding news posts to the forum section as new topics was a good idea.

Very few members like it. I don't get why they do it, when most find it very annoying. Marking as read helps, but is still annoying. It's all spam to me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2