Opinion: The iMore blog has gone way down hill

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
While we may not like it, these posts are not unexpected. It is Prime day, and Thrifter is a part of Mobile Nations. These posts are showing up on all the different forums under the mobile nations umbrella.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Ok, so the crock pot is actually over at John Legere's house for this #tmobile #SlowCookerSunday series.

Yes, you can connect your FitBit to it but only if you use the bright orange band. No, it won't count your calories, check your heart rate, take voice notes and it's not waterproof. (There's 4 articles in one sentence)

However, if you purchased it via Thrifter, then Big Brother already knows all about you. But I'm not as concerned with that as the chip your doctor implanted in your body during your last visit. Now the CIA, FBI, NSA, etc is watching your very step.

That is, unless you're walking around wearing a foil hat. Then you're 100% safe.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Trusted Member
Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so the crock pot is actually over at John Legere's house for this #tmobile #SlowCookerSunday series.

Yes, you can connect your FitBit to it but only if you use the bright orange band. No, it won't count your calories, check your heart rate, take voice notes and it's not waterproof. (There's 4 articles in one sentence)

However, if you purchased it via Thrifter, then Big Brother already knows all about you. But I'm not as concerned with that as the chip your doctor implanted in your body during your last visit. Now the CIA, FBI, NSA, etc is watching your very step.

That is, unless you're walking around wearing a foil hat. Then you're 100% safe.
Unless you are allergic to aluminum.

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
...Tim Cook’s ‘one more thing’ announcement at this year’s iPhone keynote: crock-potOS 13...
Inspired by numerous iMore/Thrifter articles/links...

danib62

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
While we may not like it, these posts are not unexpected. It is Prime day, and Thrifter is a part of Mobile Nations. These posts are showing up on all the different forums under the mobile nations umbrella.

I think the problem is that these kinds of garbage posts are expected. If I wanted thrifter posts I'd follow thrifter, it's not rocket science.

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
I have to say Android Central forums don’t get these ads, the blogs are of better quality and the forums more lively, upbeat etc (probably because there’s more to talk about).

But yeah, a lot of these blogs are becoming ads in disguise.

danib62

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I finally did it and pulled the trigger and took iMore out of my feedly. Good bye I'll miss what you were 4-5 years ago but will not miss what you've become

Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 3.15.19 PM.png

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
I finally did it and pulled the trigger and took iMore out of my feedly. Good bye I'll miss what you were 4-5 years ago but will not miss what you've become

View attachment 126717

There’s only so much the iMore blog can write about when their main focus are Apple devices and services. But I agree with you...I’m seeing way too many ads disguised as blogs for fast chargers, cases etc.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox