Does apple intend to EVER expand the news app to other countries?

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
SInce it launched its been available in US, UK and Australia. is there anything on this at all. ive left apple numerous feedback but nothing as of yet. Is it possible they have simply forgotten about this app or forgot its not in all countries as of yet. If Google can do it with google news why cant Apple. First it was Apple Pay now its Apple News.

Im tired of this happening 247 with Apple and Ireland. Give everything to the US/UK but the rest of the world Particularly Ireland. Its the same with iOS TV App. YOU HAVE YOUR HQ here in Ireland why not give us basic apps. I love Apple but it angers me when we dont get features at all or years after every other country

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure, but they may be limited by certain laws in certain countries, but I can't say for certain.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Yeah some for the Netherlands, no Apple Pay, no predictive for Dutch keyboard, no news, no TV app and a few I forgot about.

It’s all about deals, licensing and national laws and whatnot. The established entities in many countries are trying to fight any inventions. It try to do it their way. It’s exhilarating is what it is.
Almost makes me want to seek asylum in the USA.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I’m not sure either...
I do think that they have plans to expand the News app but there are probably obstacles that’s causing the delay.

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
yeah. its strange though because Google News is available in Ireland so why cant Apple news as well surely both follow the same protocols etc

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
It’s just a shame to have this beautiful device in my hand, only to see it being crippled by just living in the wrong country.

It is. Here in Japan there are also only a handful of features available compared to the States, but the iPhone is still the best of the bunch. It is also nice to have options in cases where Apple does not deliver.

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
yeah the phone and Apple are the best but just about the features. sure we dont even have an official apple store in Dublin. Thank God we have one in the north in Belfast. its technically the UK but to me as an irish republican its Ireland so at least theres one in Ireland but none in Dublin

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Do we ever think that maybe it’s regulatory interference as to why  doesn’t have certain things in other countries?

I guess it’s mostly the unwillingness of services / businesses in those countries to hold off Apple for as long as they’re doing.

The idea that Apple wants a little of the cake in return for their features is a non-starter, in my opinion.

Last edited:

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
I agree with Tartarus. Perhaps it’s a market thing maybe they feel people in certain countries won’t use the apps or features in comparison to other countries so there’s no need to rush it out but either way it would be nice to Have the features at the same time as everyone else

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
I personally dont like using 3rd party apps if Apple have one. its just a personal choice i like keeping within the Apple eco system

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
News is one thing. whats their excuse for not giving Ireland certain Siri Features. We dont have the Restaurant or Film feature here. we can ask siri "Find us restaurants nearby" or "What movies are playing nearby" If they can give the rest of the world this why not Ireland. Our Main cinema/theathre here is the "Odeon" which comes from the UK so if they have it for that cinema in the UK why not Ireland. I wish I met Tim Cook or A SVP of Apple and ask them why do they not Give Ireland these features and an Apple Store. It just angers me. I love Apple and their products but they would be so much better if we had all these features like the rest of the world

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2