Why is the iMore homepage so awful now?

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
What in the heck are you guys doing? This has been bugging me for a while and honestly its really keeping me from visiting the main page anymore. Its awful! Who decided the layout was a good idea? Tons of wasted space, no flow to it, just terrible.

Going to iMore on a 27" iMac is a complete joke. Not to mention its jammed with trackers and ads. I get you need ads for revenue, but your trackers are over the top.

Whoever is running this site's layout should be shown the door. Its become the worst place to go to for Apple news, and that's a shame.

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I agree with you. And it feels like they don't even care how bad it is. Took me about 5 minutes to figure out how to login because the links wouldn't work. I would click login or sign up and it would take me to some article or advertisement instead. They really did a number on this site. Way too difficult to find anything or just to find what articles are new. I feel like every time I visit this site, I am seeing the same old articles and can't distinguish what's new and old.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Finding whats new has been a learning curve. Looks like there is a relatively new "Latest Stories" section, with an age indicator noting how many hours/days ago the article was posted. Think that may help some. In my view think it would help to add the age indicator to the other section stories, or maybe a "view" that lets the user toggle latest stories on/off for each site section.

Michelle Haag

Staff member
Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback! I know the design team has been working hard on new things and there is definitely a learning curve for those used to the site. Hopefully over time it will continue evolving so that everyone is happy!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner