iMore loads mobile site always when opening from a link

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
When I click the link in an email of a new thread topic post from the iMore forums, the web site always opens the mobile site version. However, I am on my desktop computer using Firefox 17, not a mobile device. And even if I were on a mobile device, I would still want it to open the full site.

I've cleared the cache and I've cleared the cookies. The URLs I'm using are for the full site not the mobile site.

I've checked my site account settings and the one item I found that might have something to do with this ("Theme") was already set to something other than the mobile theme.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
gordol,

Login to your account on your desktop computer... at the very bottom left you'll see a dropdown menu. Make sure 'iMore 2012' is selected.

Let me know if that helps... sounds like you've already discovered this :)

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
gordol,

Login to your account on your desktop computer... at the very bottom left you'll see a dropdown menu. Make sure 'iMore 2012' is selected.

Let me know if that helps... sounds like you've already discovered this :)

That is what WAS selected. I changed it to "default", and no change. Odd though, I then opened a "...has replied to a thread..." URL on my iPad, got the Desktop version of the forum and now I'm getting the desktop version on my desktop.