Does anyone use there iPhone as there main camera?

barryotoole

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Yes and No

On my recent trip to Hawai'i, I used my iPhone in conjunction to my 12MP dSLR with a 40-150 zoom. For all shots where I needed a FOV more than this zoom offered, including closeups, and even macros, I used the iPhone 4S.

Pros:

• Even at 8MP, the iPhone 4S took stunning pictures
  • The images were geo-tagged
  • Ease of operation; just whip it out and shoot

Cons:

• Inability to alter FOD, control shutter speed, etc
  • Poor low-light performance

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Yes, but then again, I've always had the iPhone cameras as my main one, even when I had the original iPhone. It was easier to always have my iPhone ready to snap a shot than to bring my digital out of its carrying case to turn it on and then snap a picture.

iGrannyApple

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I was at Disney World and started taking pictures of the fireworks with my digital camera which were barely viewable. I pulled out my iPhone and never went back to my camera. The iPhone camera far exceeds any of my cameras.

CavemanOOGA

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
Count me in with everyone else. I've never taken better pictures than on my 4S. I've only had it for just under a week, but I've already snapped over 500+ pics. Not of anything important or in particular, just because the camera and software included are so incredible.

Not all my shots are great, but even those underwhelming ones are still fantastic in their own right. But the top tier ones I have shot are so insane in quality, they baffle me every time I look at them.

I always find myself saying, "This was taken on a phone!"... I know, it's cliche, but it's true.

My 4s is the only camera ill ever need. :)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I use the iPhone 4S camera for taking photos that 'I' deem are for typical use and I use my Nikon D90 for important photos like weddings, graduations, etcetera.

Just Me, D
Tapatalk (iPad 2)

munichblue

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm going on a short holiday break to Suffolk, UK in 2 weeks and for the first time in my life just armed with a smartphone camera. If this works the way I'm expecting I will sell all my other camera gear and stick to my iPhone as only camera.

Fbjneon

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I'm new here, lol! I definitely use my iPhone as my camera! I have over 4700 pics on my iPhone 4S/iPad 2 in 20 different folders! Had an iPhone since the original, actually have pics since my Sidekick from 2005. I buy the new phone every release. I'll never own another in my life. Friends and family love it because when anyone mentions stuff from the past, I take my phone out and there's the pics!

Unreal.images

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I use my iPhone camera for the moments where a point and shoot would be needed. I still have my big camera for my serious shots. Love the iPhone and to me the camera is not quite there yet.

Tatum22

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
RIght now I use my iPhone 4 as my main camera, and that is due to me not having anything else. I am in the market of looking for a professional camera. But the iPhone camera is good for the quick moments that would be missed if trying to set up a camera. Also being able to edit photos right on the phone makes the appeal for having one camera for everything :)

ransonju

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I've been using my iPhone as my main camera. I recently went on vacation and didn't even bring my Canon Point and Shoot. I'm happy with the photo quality.

The only downside I've noticed is issues with low light/indoor photos. If the subject is not staying still the image becomes blurry (this is an issue with my three year old!). Outdoor photos turn out quite stunning, actually, and the plethora of apps available are great for getting the perfect edit.

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I have an iPhone 4 and I use it as my only point-and-shoot camera. I have a DSLR, but I can't take it many places for fear of it getting broken.

jargonbust

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
i am having a digital slr camera so no point in discussing
but the loss of digital slr camera is that its too big to carry with
so iphone camera works for me with friends but for tours and trips i use digital slr