The WordPress theme I currently use requires a blog post image that is a particular size. I normally edit on my Mac or pc, but would like to be able to do all on my iPad. I am able to upload photos no problem with the WordPress app, but I'm stuck on changing the canvas size on the image I want to use as the blog post image.

Is there an iPad (or iPhone) app that will allow you to change the canvas size?
    01-25-2012 08:13 AM
    Haven't had a chance to go through my photo apps to see if something like Photoforge or Photogene2 could do this, but I did see this person talking about iResize.

Blogging with an iPad: Choosing a web browser, setting up your theme and adding widgets | The Edublogger

App Store - iResize
    01-25-2012 09:31 AM
    What do you mean? When uploading a photo with the WordPress app, you can select Custom as the image size and type in the exact pixel dimensions desired. If you only know one (say, you know you need 560px wide), just fill in that one dimension and leave the other one blank.

Is this not what you're asking?
    01-25-2012 10:30 AM
    I'll look at iresize. Leanna, changing the dimension won't work. I need to change the canvas size. I'd be going from square to rectangle. Only I still want the whole picture to show.

Just looked at iresize. That won't do it either. I need blank space on the sides.
    Last edited by Alli; 01-25-2012 at 11:24 AM.
    01-25-2012 11:21 AM
    Google leads me to these:
    App Store - ArtStudio - draw, paint and edit photo

App Store - PhotoCanvas

Haven't checked them out in any detail myself. Just so I understand, you want to take a square image (Instagram style) and "frame" it in a rectangular canvas, yes? You might also look into apps that handle layers (Brushes, etc).

Good luck!
    01-25-2012 02:12 PM
    Google leads me to these:
    App Store - ArtStudio - draw, paint and edit photo

App Store - PhotoCanvas

Haven't checked them out in any detail myself. Just so I understand, you want to take a square image (Instagram style) and "frame" it in a rectangular canvas, yes? You might also look into apps that handle layers (Brushes, etc).

Good luck!
    Not necessarily. I have a large long space in which to put the post image (which is usually closer to square. In order for it to all come out right, it needs to have lots of white space on either side, and some at the top. When I do this on the desktop I simply change the canvas size so that it has a 6:1 ratio (wide:high).

I'm going to give Art Studio a try. Three bucks won't kill me.
    01-25-2012 06:10 PM
    Hi Alli,
    Im new here

So if your changing the aspect ratio to make it square from rectangular aren't you compromising the image in the first place ?
    Maybe its just better to come up with a nice square crop, resize and then upload...
    01-30-2012 12:35 AM
    Hi Alli,
    Im new here

So if your changing the aspect ratio to make it square from rectangular aren't you compromising the image in the first place ?
    Maybe its just better to come up with a nice square crop, resize and then upload...
    She's not changing the aspect ratioshe just wants to add blank space around a photo.
    01-30-2012 12:55 AM
    Art Studio seems to be able to do what I need, although it has height and width backwards in settings. If you look at http://justanothergeeksite.com/2012/...ens-ebook-app/ you can see where the first photo in the body is the original screen shot, and the blog post shot is the edit of that photo with space added at the sides to fit the entire width of the page.
    01-30-2012 05:40 AM
    SquareFX works on iPad...
    06-30-2013 04:28 AM
    Thanks. I found several apps that work for this...a year ago.
    bamf-hacker likes this.
    06-30-2013 07:10 AM
    The WordPress theme I currently use requires a blog post image that is a particular size. I normally edit on my Mac or pc, but would like to be able to do all on my iPad. I am able to upload photos no problem with the WordPress app, but I'm stuck on changing the canvas size on the image I want to use as the blog post image.

Is there an iPad (or iPhone) app that will allow you to change the canvas size?
    I've been using ArtStudio for that purpose, and I'm very happy with it:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/arts...mUvbUpU2906486
    03-03-2017 02:26 AM
    I've been using ArtStudio for that purpose, and I'm very happy with it:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/arts...mUvbUpU2906508
    This thread is 4 years old.
    03-03-2017 06:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD