What would you do?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
OK so I've got a 16GB 3G iPad. I've had it a little over a month now, it's got Applecare for 2 extra years after the initial warranty. When I first got the iPad I had to reload the OS the same weekend because I was having problems with crashing apps. I thought it was an app problem at first because it was the 3rd party apps but then the mail and browser started crashing. After the reload everything seemed fine. Then one night for like two seconds I was in the browser and I noticed yellow lines on the screen small lines and they disappeared so I thought ok I'll watch to see if they happen more often and take it back. OK well starting two days ago I had mail crash on me twice throughout the day and I had the same yellow lines on the screen quickly. So since I've already reloaded the OS I'm contemplating taking the iPad back to be replaced? the only thing is that I wont be able to show the problems because they happen randomly. Although I should have a record of the app crashes on my Mac. If you were me what would you do? would you take it back? or wait to see if it happens more frequently?

nccows

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Take it back and make them give you a new one. My brother has been to the Apple Store 3 times for this same issue on his iPod Touch, and we're going back soon, because they said next time, they'll finally replace it. Anything they do doesn't fix this problem. They said my brother's iPod had like a software virus or something, and no amount of resetting fixes it.

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I would go ahead and return it. If for no other reason than you paid a LOT of money for something to work properly. Occasional hiccups are one thing, but it just seems too often and that it's requiring too much work for my taste. I guess I'm more impatient. Just my .02

iamfudge

May 7, 2009
Visit site
When the yellow lines show up, can you take a screen shot? Sleep+Home button. Show that to the genius at apple. I would take it back.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
can't catch the yellow lines they are literally there for like 2 seconds. Yeah I think I'll take it in next week you guys are right I paid a good amount of money for it.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I took it back today, had it replaced. At first the Apple genius was going to do a firmware restore because he said it seemed like a software problem with the OS. Then he searched and found that because the crashes were all in apps that were web based it may be a faulty modem ie. the 3G radio. So I was given a brand new one :D I was also playing with one of the new unibody MBPs and I was so tempted to get one LOL

MobileMania

Banned
Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
I'll take it back too. I am pretty sure Apple has received complaints like this before you. If they won't replace it the first time you go there, at least they have a record of your report. Get a case number I suggest.

KeroEvero

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
What's Happening i am new here

Hi im new here, I came upon this website I have found It truly accommodating and it has helped me out a great deal. I should be able to contribute & guide other people like its helped me.

Thank You, See Ya Later

Idelgado782

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Sounds good. I'm glad that they replaced it for you with no problems. Now hopefully you wont have any problems with the new one. I was having email issues with mines and that was exactly my thought process the fact that I paid so much, this better be working right all day every day! Period!!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2