Unlimited data still on ipads ?

cwb#IM

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I purchased my iPad today and when I was signing up for the 3G data plan I noticed that there was still unlimited data available so I signed up for it. But to my knowledge AT&T discontinued this option. Can someone tell me what the deal is?

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
I purchased my iPad today and when I was signing up for the 3G data plan I noticed that there was still unlimited data available so I signed up for it. But to my knowledge AT&T discontinued this option. Can someone tell me what the deal is?
AT&T made exceptions for certain groups of people, including those who purchased their ipad's before the 7th. Did you pay for it today or just receive it today?

Last edited:

mgreig

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site

got the same thing. got mine after the 7th

rj5620

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
No unlimited plan now.

Got my iPad on the 22nd and when I did the 3G setup, the only choice was the new plans. I called ATT and waited over an hour for an answer. Tech had me sign up for the 2 GB limited plan and she said i would receive the change to the unlimited plan in a few days, purchased online June 6.

ELKMAN90210

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Got my iPad on the 22nd and when I did the 3G setup, the only choice was the new plans. I called ATT and waited over an hour for an answer. Tech had me sign up for the 2 GB limited plan and she said i would receive the change to the unlimited plan in a few days, purchased online June 6.
What exactly did you say to them. It would be sweet if I was able to do the same thing.

Varhammer

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
When did you purchase your Ipad?
If your Ipad was on backorder when the cutoff date was enacted you can get the unlimited plan by calling ATT and letting them walk you through the process.
If it was purchased after the date then you are unable to get that unlimited plan.

tx76mike

May 25, 2004
Visit site
I currently have unlimited. I wonder if I switch to something else (ie 2GB plan), would I be able to go back to the unlimited option?

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
Nope! Once you leave the original plan, you're out.
People keep saying this like it's a given, yet I've heard the opposite. What's your source?

Btw, I realize that safe money says "Don't cancel." I'm just wondering what takes this from "could be" to "definitely."

Lotus Esprit V8

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
You are correct if you turn the unlimited plan off for a month you will not be able to get back on it. There is currently a Class Action being taken against Apple and AT&T on the basis of the unlimited offering was a bait and switch scheme all along.

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
You are correct if you turn the unlimited plan off for a month you will not be able to get back on it. There is currently a Class Action being taken against Apple and AT&T on the basis of the unlimited offering was a bait and switch scheme all along.

Did the lawsuit specifically mention that the plan could not be suspended for a month without losing the grandfathering?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll