View Poll Results: Are you happy with your iPad

Voters
342. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

323 94.44%
  • No

19 5.56%
    I LOVE my iPad! without a doubt best gadget i have!
    08-05-2010 10:52 AM
    I have to agree with most here. I love my iPad. I'm on Verizon and I have the Palm Pre Plus and Verizon gives me 5GB of tethering data a month so usually at my desk I've got my iPad and my iPod Touch sitting next to each other, both tethered to my Palm. I absolutely do NOT regret getting one!!!
    08-05-2010 06:51 PM
    I'm happy with it, despite my criticisms of it/its design.

I recently had an accident that left me physically impaired and having the iPad has made it easier to do certain tasks that would've required my small, but too-
    heavy-for-my-left-hand-to-lift laptop.

Also, my girlfriend, whom I've yet to "sell" on the iPad just took a flight that, while not directly FROM hell, quite likely passed through it. She had a six hour layover, not counting the many, MANY other obstacles that were in her path. Finding free, convenient wifi hotspots/strong signals and places to charge her phone was a pain.

If she had an iPad, the battery and 3G connection (not to mention calling apps like "Line 2") would have helped alleviate the stress and strain.

She agrees, but adds that its lack of multitasking might've made it less useful than one might have thought. Luckily, her Pre multitasks and the worst of the travel (to the destination, anyway) appears to be over.

So yeah, there are a number of reasons that I'm happy with the iPad. It fulfills a need, for sure, even if it has its toy-ish side and monotasks.
    08-07-2010 11:22 PM
    I am loving it so much
    08-08-2010 06:11 AM
    There is a problem with it- overheat!
    i've had my iPad overheat once, and it was because I brought it outside in direct sunlight, on a rather hot day, in a motel parking lot (lots of blacktop and cement), in a case, streaming a podcast from my Mac in the house via 802.11n.

5 minutes later, after bringing it back inside, it was fine.

Point to remember, however, is that I could barely see what was on the screen while it was outside, to the point where it was unusable. It would have been better to just have a pocketed iPhone or iPod Touch, since it was just playing an audio stream anyway.
    08-08-2010 09:26 AM
    Really, I told myself that I wouldn't fall for all the hype and buy one but I did. It really is a wonderful device if you understand why you should get it. I had a beautiful netbook to go along with my notebook/laptop but I found that I didn't use it much. I use the iPad a lot though.

I am still amazed that Apple was able to fit that much power in such a small device. I don't like the lack of a SD card slot and USB connector though.
    08-08-2010 06:03 PM
    It ROCKS! I find that I watch Netflix, ABC, CBS and Hulu a great deal. This was rather surprising because I really didn't think I would. I use it daily from gaming to handling business email, taking notes etc. The one thing that pains me though is the lack of support for Flash. I really wish Jobs and Company would get off these kicks. There are things that I do which unfortunately I am forced to move to a regular computer to do them because of this.

I think iPad 2 will be even better!
    08-08-2010 06:08 PM
    I finally got one and I love it!
    08-12-2010 05:33 PM
    im very happy with my ipad. I rarely use my laptop anymore now
    08-12-2010 05:38 PM
    By best gadget!
    08-13-2010 03:59 AM
    VERY! I love this thing!!!
    08-18-2010 12:58 PM
    After trying to use it as a laptop replacement, well it's not quite a laptop replacement. But I love it. It's just an amazing device- it just feels like a device from the future. All it needs is multitasking.
    09-01-2010 09:57 PM
    I've been watching reruns of Star Trek:The Next Generation and they are constantly showing an "iPad" as being the future information device. Theirs has a smaller screen and various input sections; I think the actually full touch screen iPad is nicer

P.S. The original Star Trek had an even bigger, clunkier, "iPad".
    09-02-2010 10:54 AM
    I really enjoy it. It was great to have during my vacation or when I travel - I have a few magazine subscriptions on it, and it's a great way to watch a movie. I never saw it as a laptop replacement. It's great to have on the go!
    09-02-2010 05:33 PM
    Really, I told myself that I wouldn't fall for all the hype and buy one but I did. It really is a wonderful device if you understand why you should get it. I had a beautiful netbook to go along with my notebook/laptop but I found that I didn't use it much. I use the iPad a lot though.

I am still amazed that Apple was able to fit that much power in such a small device. I don't like the lack of a SD card slot and USB connector though.
    Ha! Been there. Done that!

I had no intention of buying an iPad. I just wanted to see how long the pre-dawn line was for them, since I couldn't sleep. Then I didn't want to end up in the back and and not get a chance to check out the demos, so I stood in line. Then I realized that they might run out so I stopped playing with the demo and bought one so I could just return it if I needed to. I wasn't happy with wifi only so I got in line for a 3G, the next month.

Digging that.
    09-03-2010 11:46 AM
    The title of my post says it all ** grin **

I find it so useful in fact that I am using it at work **more** than the super swanky high end uber encrypted (I work in emergency services) HP tablet that they gave me!!
    09-04-2010 08:20 PM
    Great, I can't afford one...
    09-05-2010 04:33 PM
    Before the iPad was out i knew i would love it. Many people around me said i was crazy to allready saying i would buy the iPad without even trying it.
    Now the people that said that to me own a iPad hehe

ps: i LOVE my iPad !!!! Best thing i bought in 2010 !
    09-10-2010 01:41 PM
    i love my iPad very much. though there are a lot of so called high-tech functions in it, i felt that it make not too much difference with those so called Apad.
    09-15-2010 05:09 AM
    No, i haven't got an iPad. i think it is just a larger ipod.
    09-16-2010 02:12 AM
    It is a larger iPod, and more. Now you can view full websites without having to pinch and zoom and pan around. The iPad is magical
    09-18-2010 02:20 AM
    I loved my iPad when I had it. My wife confiscated it from me when she busted her cheesy Lenovo netbook.
    09-18-2010 03:39 AM
    So, it's like using a laptop? With limits of course.
    09-18-2010 08:44 PM
    I bought one but found I don't use it very much - I'm much more likely to use my iphone 4. The main problem is that its very heavy which is awkward! If you have an iphone the resolution also looks a little pixelly in comparison.
    09-22-2010 05:30 PM
    Multi-tasking on other devices makes using the iPad a bit of a pain by-comparison, sometimes.
    09-22-2010 05:36 PM
292 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD