Are you happy with your iPad?

Are you happy with your iPad

• Total voters

Orangensaft

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
I am quite pleased with the device but that doesn't mean I don't think there is huge potential and room for improvement. Mainly I am still waiting for the iPad exclusive app selection to expand and mature so that I can take full advantage of the iPad's capabilities. Apple could also implement some basic user interface enhancements such as three finger back/forward swipe gesture in Safari, and command-key keyboard shortcuts for Bluetooth keyboards.

triangle8

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Great device. The best part about it is the portability and mobility due to the size and the 3G plans. I will say that I've been using much more capacity than I expected, so the $15 plan probably is too little. This is the best device for my needs when traveling, but also great at home when you don't want to wait for a computer to boot. Nice quality for the hardware.

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Well, I have had my iPad for about a week now. My initial thoughts -

In general, this is great for media. I use it much more than I ever used my iPhone for surfing, watching video - even listening to music. I have even started reading an ebook on it - the first ebook I have read.

The apps are pretty good - the new larger screen size really makes a difference, even with familiar apps and the built in applications. However, the higher cost of apps means I am less likely to go on a buying spree, just to try something. With the iPhone, I would be happy to put down $.99 or $1.99 just to try something - I am less likely to do it for $4.99 or more.

The hardware is nice. It is amazingly responsive compared to my 3GS, just as the 3GS was much more responsive than my iPhone 3G. Everyone who has seen it surfing the web has remarked about the speed. The keyboard is fine to use - I am even able touch type on it to a degree. The screen is nice and crisp - my wife was amazed at the clarity and resolution.

Issues or concerns - I don't see this replacing any other device I have, except for maybe the iPhone. Because it requires a computer to sync, I still need a computer, and since I still have the computer I still use it as my go to device for computing activities. This may change when I am travel, but I am not sure. For recreation, I am using the iPad a lot more, and it is replacing my iPhone at my "relaxing" device.

GinoDotCom

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
I love my iPad but I wish it could do the following:

1. Flash: I knew the iPad wouldn't have it when I bought it, and I didn't think I would miss it but I love reading articles on BGR, Giz, and occasionally Engadget, and they ALL still use flash embedded video. Really sucks having to go to my laptop for something the iPad should be able to handle.

2. Better Safari. I don't like that I can't upload pictures to Facebook or other sites. I wish apple would have treated the iPad as more of a computer then a read only device.

3. Camera. There really needs to be a iSight camera on the iPad.

100% agreed. Not being able to upload picture onto websites is unacceptable.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Well I still haven't gotten it as of 3:48PM and the ETA was 10:30AM this morning :mad: I did play with one on display at the Apple Store in the mall and the only question I have is why does anyone think it's heavy?? Unless the 3G is substantially heavier than the Wifi model it was so light I couldn't understand why some folks are saying it's a bit too heavy.

jmpetra

May 29, 2010
www.facebook.com
love it

My wife likes my iPhone but it is too small for her to see easily. When I heard about the iPad I said, What if I had one like this that was tablet size? She said, I want it! and of course so did I. I ordered the wifi the day I could order it. Got it bright and early, turned it on and loved it. Fast response, high resolution. Quickly saw that I wanted a 3g for me as I wanted it in my car, so I ordered that when available, too. Tried the limited data plan and ran over that in about a week! Now - to jailbreak or not, hmmmm

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I love it I couldn't put it down all weekend. I've got it setup and browsing the web and answering emails is soooo easy. So I have no more need to pull out my MB Pro just to surf the net/forums. I also was able to take off some apps that I don't need on my phone anymore since I can use them on the iPad now so I did some cleaning on my phone rebooted it and everything is in harmonic balance now.

combatdoc

Dec 13, 2008
www.ffpblog.com
Mine came in awfully handy today to my wife. Her camera ran out of space halfway through our drive across the wilderness. I popped out the camera connection kit, offloaded the photos, and she was back in business. Not to mention she could review them while we ate dinner.

I used it for an iTunes rental the other night as well. I am starting to hear, "Let me see your iPad for a second" more and more everyday. She still refuses to admit she wants one though.

ardoreal

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
I can use this thing as a full laptop replacement. I can blog from it, watch movies, play games. Pretty much...do anything except develop.

I can even remotely administer my webserver thanks to its killer ssh apps out for it.

kiralylorand

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
The Ipad is cool gadget, but is to expensive for my wallet :( anyway my luck was that I win one Ipad \:d/ on tinyurl.com/37o8vey ( i don`t want to advertising for the page so i put`it on tinyurl :D. I sharer the wining page because I cannot participate again :(

ckuehne

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I love how light it is, and the battery life is ridiculously long. It's a joy to use in a way that has to be experienced to understand it.

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
I almost wish I could change my answer.

I am glad to have MY iPad, but I would be far less likely to recommend it to anyone else in the future, after At&T's bait and switch game.

I wouldn't have bought this in the first place if I had known they would pull this and I wouldn't be able to buy future ipad's for others (with unlimited 3G Internet access).

GinoDotCom

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
I'd give my left leg for my iPad. I damn near love my iPad more than life itself :)

My girlfriend threatens to leave me because of my obsession, she's simply jealous if you ask me.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
yessss i am sooo happy with it, the games are sooo much more fun on the iPad, actually, everything is so much more fun. Although i wish it came with a camera, i have an app that lets me use my iPhone camera for my iPad ;) and i wish to print but im sure that soon there will be an app for that :)

anon721037

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I've had my iPad 64wif/3G for about 2 weeks now and I think this device is fantastic, I don't have to wait for 10min for my MacBook pro to start , this is instant. I find a lot of apps are excellent hopefully there will be more soon. I use for work sometimes and found you really need docs to go it's great.

mopepom

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Extremely happy with the iPad, because of it's size and the fact that I can now use the keyboard with my large fingers. I still use a stylus for greater precision and to reduce greasy smearing on the screen.

Generally iPhone/ iPod apps work well on the iPad.

Some, however, like the Bloomberg app have been rewritten for the iPad introducing incompatibility and inventing unnecessary function, just because of the extra screen real estate. I guess the developers will cut back on using frills just because they are there.

I need multiple tasking and a proper file folder architecture, but I expect IOS 4 will address these needs.

All In, Apple can now give Windows XP users a way to grow and, perhaps, to abandon Gates' cash machine.

A JOB well done!

remypos

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
yep, the weight is one of the features I really dig, you can carry it easily in nearly any bag and can take it to work or to town, you sometimes even forget that you carry it in your bag. The long battery life is also a feature that made many users buying it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77