iPad mini, harddrive and hdmi adapter/cable

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
Has anyone tried using the above to store and watch movies? I'm trying to find an alternative to using my MacBook Air, harddrive and hdmi cable.

I know I can use a Apple TV to stream. But I use the harddrive for storage of my 1TB movie collection.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

sprocket2107

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure you aren't able to connect A hard drive to an iPad. I use the app Air Video on both my iPad mini and iPhone to access all my media from my MacBook Pro which has my hard drive connected to it. Then I use airplay to stream it to my Apple TV. I think it's $0.99 and it's universal as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
I'm trying to set something up that's portable...
Like connecting my MacBook Air and hard drive to my plasma tv.... But using my iPad and a harddrive.

sprocket2107

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
What you could do is download the app I mentioned and purchase the Lightning Digital AV adapter from apple and also an hdmi cable, unless you have extras . Air Video has a client that runs on your MBA which in turn lets you access your media from your iOS device. Then all you do is run the client on your MBA, connect your iPad to your tv via the adapter I also mentioned and run the app on your iPad, select whatever media you want and play it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
I've done that before. I'm trying not to rely on the Mac.. Just iPad and a harddrive.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I've done that before. I'm trying not to rely on the Mac.. Just iPad and a harddrive.

Hard drive .. Flash drive don't really work on iPads.. Best bet would be a cloud storage system or the hard drive hooked to a AirPort Extreme with external access then you could stream your movies with a cable or however .. Other than that not a way to do it .. Maybe look into jailbreak methods to see if it's possible

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Seafarers has a wifi enabled hard drive. I have all my movies on it and connect to it via wifi on the device ( you do not to be on a wifi network). Pull up the free seagate app and click on it. Done. All the movies u put on the hardrive can be accessed.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lakeland Ghost