Hackulous shuts down: Insatllous gone

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
I know this makes developers happy. Though I don't support piracy, without installous, we wouldn't have an app store and a lot of other things we love about iOS. That's what started everything when the iPhone 2G was dropped.

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I will admit that I did use Installous when I had my iPhone 4 jailbreak. After having iOS 6 stock on my 5 I've bought a lot of games and apps on the market and realized how much time developers put in to their products. So Installous being shut down is indeed a good thing, these developers deserve the money for their time and hard work.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I know that it will sound like trying to defend The Pirate Bay because of torrenting, but Installous was not created for pirated apps, it was created to isolate free versions of apps to give the user a "try before your buy" central point (instead of just looking them up)...the problem was once that was created, people quickly figured out how to load full versions up too, and well, the rest is history.

Give the guys at hackulous some credit, they did it to curb the pirating of the apps because internal control had become overwhelming for them and most like irreversible, and I'm sure they arn't all saints who never stole anything themselves, but you know what they say about glass houses. They could have easily stayed alive with it and kept the same argument Pirate Bay does, where they "take efforts" to stop piracy...with no guarantee or statement on expected success...they simply stopped their service.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2