Michael Vick confirms he has a dog. thoughts?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i feel like he should just stay away from the whole dog thing, for himself and how the media will now handle it..

sure some may say he "served his time" but he is not just a normal civilian. it's different and always will be. that's the price you pay with fame i guess

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The brutal and disgusting things they did to dogs makes me feel like he should never be granted ownership of an animal ever again...but that's just me...I don't have much pity for Vick, and i don't think he sincerely did anything to be forgiven for the terrible abuse he showed those animals.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
ya wanna know what i think??? cut his nuts off for the cruelty he has done....he doesnt deserve to have the privilege of owning another animal - regardless of what type.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
ya wanna know what i think??? cut his nuts off for the cruelty he has done....he doesnt deserve to have the privilege of owning another animal - regardless of what type.

Ouch........Some say that he's done his time so he can do whatever he wants. True, but just because you can do something doesn't mean you should do it. I think he shouldn't have gotten a dog, I know he said its for his kids but the timing is WAY to early. A gold fish would've been better. Just my $0.02

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i agree with all of the comments up to this point

a lot of people have wondered how he was even allowed to play football again.. does this make the NFL look bad?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
My thing is this (and no, I'm not saying a dog is as important in the scheme of things as a child) but child abusers, molesters and rapists could very well "get better" and "do their time"...they may even really have changed and would never harm a child again, but i'll be damned if I'd ever be ok with them having a child again in any capacity.

The mind state a person would have to have to do the things they did to these dogs is a mental illness combined with a complete lack of respect for a living thing...this isn't pet fish you neglected and it died from it's bowl being dirty, they went out and fought, tortured and illegal bred these dogs like this, and he doesn't deserve to ever have a dog again (if it were up to me).

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
he doesnt deserve to own any type of animal EVER AGAIN. period. i'm very passionate about people that abuse animals of any type, to never have the opportunity to own one EVER AGAIN.
If that dirtbag was able to treat those dogs as he did, i'd be afraid of how he could possible treat his children. seriously. hes is not right in the head.

don't even get me started on what i would love to do to people that are cruel and abusive to childern either.....

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The other ugly side to this situation is Michael Vick himself...this guy was one of the biggest D-bags out there after this dog fighting thing was out of court, he basically told the Atlanta fans to F-off and in my opinion, really never showed remorse for what he did, he simply showed that he understood what he was being charged with and why he was being punished.

A murderer probably very well understands what they were being charged with and punished for...doesn't mean they give a damn about what they did. Michael Vick is a thug, there is a rapper in Atlanta may may know named Big Boi, he has a kennel where he breads pit bulls and dobermans...he said at one time he was approached by some people in Vick's crew asking about his dogs and purchasing a couple, and he turned them down because of the rumors he heard about their activity, explaining that he bred dogs to have as pets and protection, not for fulfilling a thuggish rap video dream of having a vicious animal that you want to fight. That sat with me the entire time he was going through court...and if someone like Big Boi would call them thugs and be wary of dealing with them, you know something is seriously wrong.

That combined with the fact that the whole Vick family seems to be on the wrong side of the news (and law) half the time, they can't keep his brother out of trouble with drugs and such...these are just ghetto people who found money, and that is what those type of people do, they don't have self control and tend to sway away from the "right thing to do" when they have the ability to do what they WANT.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I believe in people getting second chances and all but I don't think i agree with him having another dog. I would fell different about him getting one if Vick seemed to actually truly care about what happen with those dogs that were in the dog fighting. I think Vick was sorry he got caught but to me it didn't seem like he was sorry about his participation in that dog fighting activity.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I dont care what he says, you can't possibly go from enjoying watching dogs killing each other to " I care for animals " in a matter of three years, I own a pitbull and it saddens me deeply to see these beautiful animals being treated like this.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I dont care what he says, you can't possibly go from enjoying watching dogs killing each other to " I care for animals " in a matter of three years, I own a pitbull and it saddens me deeply to see these beautiful animals being treated like this.

It also continues the gross stereotype that pit bulls are pretty much all aggressive, fighting, snarling animals...always makes me laugh, especially when i visit my brothers house and his enormous pit comes and lays down next to me like the gentle giant he is.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
It also continues the gross stereotype that pit bulls are pretty much all aggressive, fighting, snarling animals...always makes me laugh, especially when i visit my brothers house and his enormous pit comes and lays down next to me like the gentle giant he is.

Tell me about it, we go to Miami regularly and always have to leave him home since Dade County doesn't allow pitbulls. We also had a hard time finding a place to rent when we moved here...

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Tell me about it, we go to Miami regularly and always have to leave him home since Dade County doesn't allow pitbulls. We also had a hard time finding a place to rent when we moved here...

That's sad really...... I hate stereo-typing. It's all in how you raise'em. They're just furry kids, and just like you need to teach your kids respect & to behave properly, is the same you need to do with any animal you own:)

ThomasJL

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
He's yet another NFL felon. Thug culture permeates the NFL. No big revelation there. It's mind boggling how popular football is. Oh well.

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Wait, he's hasn't been banned from owning a dog, or any other animal? Something's wrong with that. What's even worse is that someone actually sold it to him.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrytg4