What is Twitter?

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
OMFG In Heaven Above... it's FREE texting and MMS messaging. Only idiots think that people post only "I'm brushing my teeth" posts on Twitter. I get news alerts via Twitter plus I keep in touch with friends via Twitter. It's FREE. :rolleyes:
Nothing is free; there are only things where the price is hidden and not negotiable.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I have indeed led a charmed life. I have lived through cat 5 hurricanes, earthquakes that registered 6.2, major typhoons, flash floods, divorce, and the loss of loved ones at ages most of the world would agree was too young. I'm still here, and I retain a positive outlook on life while devoting 90% of my time to helping other people. So yea. Being negative is a waste of time and energy.

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
I have indeed led a charmed life. I have lived through cat 5 hurricanes, earthquakes that registered 6.2, major typhoons, flash floods, divorce, and the loss of loved ones at ages most of the world would agree was too young. I'm still here, and I retain a positive outlook on life while devoting 90% of my time to helping other people. So yea. Being negative is a waste of time and energy.

You Go Girl... Maybe He'll learn something...

Zuujit

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
I think I've had a Twitter account for well over a year and have used it on and off without succes.
Now I saw the movie of the Roundrobin where this Android guy was impressed by Rene's Tweetie2 (I think it was called). Everyone seems to love Twitter so obviously I'm missing something!

To me it seems like a failed concept. It started off as a "What are you doing right now?"-micro blogging service. However, people much rather used their already excisting account of Facebook for that as they have all their friends added there already and Facebook has more options.
Over the months/years, from what I can tell, it changed more to a RSS feed rival where you can follow different sources of news feeds. There unfortunately often have too much information or useless information. Let's say I want to follow the head of my favorite political party. I'd be nice to see how he fairs in certain meetings, but I don't care if he's having a good dinner or not.

Twitter however has the option to actually respond to messages aswell, which I never care about. Does this work out as a chaotic world wide forum? With other people replying on your replies? Or what?

In short: I dont understand why people would use Twitter over Facebook or RSS feeds, but I want to understand as there's obviously something I'm missing...

---------
TWITTER can be the "ultimate-tap into-the minds and thoughts of people in your city or around the world-in real time" social media portal. Know what your friends and followers are thinking, or doing at that very moment...where ever they are...don't care? That's possible...but you'd be surprised how you become "connected" to people with similiar interests and ideals as you..ultimately becoming your own "community" of similar thinking folks. Want to get the pulse on what people in your city are thinking about the Health Care bill? Login, and type in Health Care...and bam..there it is..news, entertainment, whatever you want..it's all there...been a Twitter fan since day one...

jasmine

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Twitter describes itself as, ?a service for friends, family, and co?workers to communicate and stay connected through the exchange of quick, frequent answers to one simple question: What are you doing??

If you?re new Twitter, then that description might seem a bit vague and ambiguous. So, to help you wrap your mind around the short-form messaging tool, start thinking about Twitter as a new form of online communication. Twitter is just communication in a new shape, but it?s also a platform for listening to the communication of others in new ways.