Game guides have been popular for many years and I'm curious how many people use them. I myself don't use them, it's like taking a test and being given the answer sheet. I prefer to explore games and figure out things as I go. What about you?
    05-12-2017 04:24 PM
    I used to get them to collect them back when I played more games. Sometimes I after I played through the game once or twice I would go through the guide and then play one more time to get some extras that I didn't find or think about. Doing it that way actually enhances the game instead of spoiling it for me.
    05-12-2017 10:38 PM
    I wouldn't use them except RPG's these days have so many side quests and hidden items, it's almost a necessity.
    05-12-2017 11:03 PM
    Anyone remember a game called 'Kings Quest?' That was the sort of game, unless you actually followed the game guide to the letter, you would always end up somewhere near the end and be like 'but I don't have a paint bucket' lol 😃

Lately, its all about exploring and just figuring it out as I go.
    05-13-2017 01:31 AM
    Game guides have been popular for many years and I'm curious how many people use them. I myself don't use them, it's like taking a test and being given the answer sheet. I prefer to explore games and figure out things as I go. What about you?
    I don't use them myself. I like to explore as well. There are some times and certain things I will look up but I like exploring myself.
    05-13-2017 12:33 PM
    I have a game guide for one game and that is The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks. I only used it when I had to.
    05-13-2017 10:17 PM
    I only use game guides if I have tried super hard, but i just can't solve or get past something in the game.
    07-04-2017 10:58 AM
    I’ve bought them in past on previous gen consoles. I’m not a platinum guy (getting all the trophies) so I just play to finish the story. Most non and semi open world games are on the rails enough to where you can figure out how to progress through the game/story without a guide.
    07-04-2017 11:16 AM
    That's a great item to collect actually! I think they're gonna turn into rare gems in the near future
    07-05-2017 09:40 PM
    I use game guide when I am stuck or or near the end of the game to help find the secret suff
    07-17-2017 05:26 AM
    Most of the time if I'm stuck I go on YouTube and look up a play through. It's easier if you just see someone else do it in video than trying to read about it. Also play through are FREE and highly entertaining!
    07-17-2017 02:17 PM
    Nah man, I just Google around if I'm really stuck in a game. Otherwise I prefer to figure stuff out myself.
    07-19-2017 12:22 AM
    I used to use them - Twilight Princess was the first game that I opted not to, and I'm very glad I did. Upon completion, sometimes its fun to go back through the game with a guide, but overall I prefer to play without them.
    07-21-2017 11:53 AM
    Kind of off-topic a little, but the only game guide I think I've used (at least since the days of being subscribed to Nintendo Power) is the FFXV hard-cover prima guide. It was very quality and definitely made the whole experience much more enjoyable (because it gave insight into how particular systems worked more so than anything).
    07-23-2017 01:06 PM
    The only game guides I use are Wowhead and Icy Veins. Dugi guides for quick leveling alts, but no hardbound guides ever.
    07-23-2017 01:59 PM
    First, my favorite company for physical game guides is Prima.

Second, the one series that a guide is awesome for is Animal Crossing!!! Keeps track of everyone's birthdays, events, furniture, bugs, ect. There is just way too much in that game to keep track of at once, and having the prima guide on hand was very helpful. (My brother bought it when we both were playing ACNL together)

Other than that I will use a guide if I well and truly stuck, have finished the game and have already spent some time tracking down 100%, or am playing really old games, in which case number one usually applies!
    07-30-2017 03:37 PM