Outlook 2016 vs high sierra

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

My outlook is very slow in high sierra, sometimes it just freeze and crash. (Macbook air 2014, 4gb ram, 128gb)

Anyone experience this ?

Thx

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you can add at least 4 more gigs of RAM, that should solve the problem. I use the Outlook app at work everyday via my MacBook Air without any crashes/freezing, but I have 8 gigs of RAM installed.

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Not yet, maybe later if i have times. I thought this is unstable issue with outlook or high sierra and hoping for the update, but it seems like this only happen to me

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Not yet, maybe later if i have times. I thought this is unstable issue with outlook or high sierra and hoping for the update, but it seems like this only happen to me

Maybe. Maybe not. macOS High Sierra runs well for me, but again, I have a 8 GBs of RAM. My old early 2009 model MacBook w/4 gigs of RAM can’t run anything beyond El Capitan and it was definitely showing it’s age. My MacBook Air is a 2015 model, if I’m not mistaken.

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft initially said that Office 2011 would not work with High Sierra, but a fully updated Office 2016 would - one might imply that included Outlook.

I had Office 2016 / 365 installed on my mid-2011 MBA, as part of a work thing (though I hardly used Outlook, as one of my email accounts was Gmail, which Outlook still doesn't like) - and I didn't see issues. So yeah, it could just be a reinstall issue, now that its dealing with the new file system.

And, as an interesting sidebar, when I uninstalled Office 2016 / 365 (work change and I hate the idea of a 'subscribed' Office Suite product), I took a chance - given what Microsoft had said - and reinstalled my own Office 2011 on High Sierra. No issues at all (albeit not using Outlook here either), so tempted to say the installation of High Sierra was used an excuse to force users into newer / subscriber product - especially as 'support' for Office 2011 runs out October 10.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I had been running office 2011 on my iMacs until Microsoft dropped future support and I was forced in to Office 365.

I have a lot of legacy projects and was concerned about compatibility issues, but it’s running very well on High Sierra. The issues I was having with Word 2011 crashing are gone.

For the yearly subscription fee I feel Office 365 is a bargain and would highly recommend it for anyone doing desktop publishing on iMacs running High Sierra like I currently am.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2