Did anyone jailbreak their (OTA) updated iDevice successfully?

Haseeb Rehman

May 5, 2013
Visit site
So my question is if anyone tried jailbreaking their OTA (Over-the-air) updated iDevice successfully? I have an iPhone 5 which I want to jailbreak but I don't want to restore (Have many apps and stuff) to jailbreak.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I believe your question is answered in the sticky thread about the jailbreak version... But to save you from sifting through it... The consensus is that if you previously updated OTA, you would likely have issues and would be better off updating to stock via iTunes before jailbreaking... Folks that didn't ended up doing so in the long run...

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
So my question is if anyone tried jailbreaking their OTA (Over-the-air) updated iDevice successfully? I have an iPhone 5 which I want to jailbreak but I don't want to restore (Have many apps and stuff) to jailbreak.

to answer your question directly, yes I have tried it, twice, to jailbreak my OTA-updated iPad Mini... and each time the JB did not work. Do a backup, then restore as new, the restore your backup, then jailbreak and you're set...

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I did two devices. The 5S did fine with no restore but the 4 did not work and had to restore. Both had OTA updates done on them.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Even if your able to get thru it you might develop issues down the road do it right the first time you will not lose any data just follow the above advice given restore from iTunes first

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I agree with everyone that posted above. Just save a backup and restore from that. The jailbreak might work if you didn't restore from iTunes but the Evad3rs advise against it.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone ever fallen out of an airplane with no parachute and lived?

If so I'm going to start jumping out of airplanes without a parachute.

See the metaphor?

Imore forum app is forcing me to use a signature, which is more than a little oppressive. Change your policies!!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2