How Can I Recover My Restrictions Passcode on iPhone 4?

BarbarCalls

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi, guys. A month ago, i forgot the passcode to restrictions on my iphone 4 (not s). It's running 5.1.1 and is jailbroken. Do you know about any package i can install from cydia that can unlock restrictions or help me remember my pass? If you know, please post a reply. I really need to have itunes back..

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Hi, guys. A month ago, i forgot the passcode to restrictions on my iphone 4 (not s). It's running 5.1.1 and is jailbroken. Do you know about any package i can install from cydia that can unlock restrictions or help me remember my pass? If you know, please post a reply. I really need to have itunes back..

Found this on a little thing call google .. Not sure of it will work or not but you can try
To Manually Reset the Passcode:

1) Install any desktop software for browsing the iphone filesystem (iPhoneBrowser/iFunBox/SSH/DiskAid trial version).

2) Navigate to the directory /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/ and delete "com.apple.springboard.plist"

3) Then you can navigate to the directory /var/Keychains/ and delete "keychain-2.db"

4) After deleting the last file, reboot the iphone.

To give you an idea on how this worked, the com.apple.springboard.plist file contains the setting of your passcode turned-on. Deleting this resets the toggles back to default (after the final reboot) and takes care of that part of the problem. But since a passcode was already defined, the "keychain-2.db" file contains that information and deleting it clears everything up after the final reboot. Note that all other stored passwords you have on your iphone are also cleared along with it though.

This method will not work for non-jailbroken units because system files are not accessible without a jailbreak.

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll