(Jailbroken) iPhone4 Recovery Loop

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Soo...I'm a FREAKING genius, and a couple nights ago, i absentmindedly updated my (evasi0n) jail broken iphone 4 thru iTunes. Well, ever since then, its been stuck in recovery mode and everything i do just doesnt work. i HAVE done some research on this, (youtube, google, etc,) and i have tried several "works 100% of the time" methods and still come up with the same thing, a picture w/ Itunes logo and a usb cord. I understand, if need be, i can restore thru itunes (and hope it works) but would loose data correct? I'm trying to get it back the way it was, hoping to keep music, apps and the works in tact. I've tried Tinyumbrella, a redsn0w fix, iReb, RecBoot (and i think that is it). If there is anyway to keep things in tact, please help!~

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
If you upgraded through iTunes then it is now on 6.1.3 means your Jailbreak is gone. What you will need to do is put the iPhone into DFU mode iTunes will tell you there's a device in recovery mode hit restore and that will reload 6.1.3 and the phone will be working again. You can then restore from whatever backup you have iCloud or iTunes and everything will be back except the Jailbreak. If you had your SHSH blobs saved then you can download the 6.1.2 ipsw and look up how to set your iTunes to look to Cydia's servers for the blobs and downgrade.

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
If you upgraded through iTunes then it is now on 6.1.3 means your Jailbreak is gone. What you will need to do is put the iPhone into DFU mode iTunes will tell you there's a device in recovery mode hit restore and that will reload 6.1.3 and the phone will be working again. You can then restore from whatever backup you have iCloud or iTunes and everything will be back except the Jailbreak. .

so depending on the last time i backed up my phone, i shouldnt lose most or all of my data right? just some, like an app here or there? and then i'd just have to jail break it again w/ evasi0n?

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Apps bought wouldn't have to be bought again. Music bought through iTunes or already on your hard drive is recoverable. Assuming using iCloud, your contacts are all saved. You'd lose texts and pictures since your last backup. You'd lose app settings since your last update.

To check your shsh blobs, download the most recent redsnow. You can google the dev team blog for a link. In others you can query remote to see which blobs cydia saved for you or use any you saved locally.

From there, go to iclarified and search for ipsw and find the matching ipsw for both your phone and the shsh blobs you have.

Use those same YouTube videos or ask here if you have troubles downgrading to an older iOS. After getting to an older iOS, jailbreak it and you're mostly back where you started.

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
To check your shsh blobs, download the most recent redsnow. You can google the dev team blog for a link. In others you can query remote to see which blobs cydia saved for you or use any you saved locally.

From there, go to iclarified and search for ipsw and find the matching ipsw for both your phone and the shsh blobs you have.

Use those same YouTube videos or ask here if you have troubles downgrading to an older iOS. After getting to an older iOS, jailbreak it and you're mostly back where you started.

what exactly are the shsh blobs? and that being said, i dont have any (checked through tinyumbrella)

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
If you upgraded through iTunes then it is now on 6.1.3 means your Jailbreak is gone. What you will need to do is put the iPhone into DFU mode iTunes will tell you there's a device in recovery mode hit restore and that will reload 6.1.3 and the phone will be working again. You can then restore from whatever backup you have iCloud or iTunes and everything will be back except the Jailbreak. If you had your SHSH blobs saved then you can download the 6.1.2 ipsw and look up how to set your iTunes to look to Cydia's servers for the blobs and downgrade.

Tried this, but got an 'unknown error(3194)' and then back to the itunes logo/usb cable image

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
what exactly are the shsh blobs? and that being said, i dont have any (checked through tinyumbrella)

Apple verifies all iOS installations. They do this to prevent people from going backwards in iOS version. In order to trick your phone into downgrading to an older version of iOS, you need to keep a snapshot of the permission. The blobs are that snapshot. They step in front of Apple's servers and say "this install is good." They're specific to your device and the iOS version.

I haven't used tinyumbrella to check, so I'm not 100% on their options. Do you know where it checked for blobs? For example, my phone has several blobs stored locally. I have a couple of the more recent saved to my desktop, and I can query Cydia's servers to see which Cydia has saved for me. If you answered "make it easy for me" when you first used Cydia, they should have saved blobs for every iOS version being signed while you used Cydia. For example, an iPhone4 still on 5.1.1 today would have blobs saved for 6.1.3 by opening Cydia.

I've used the remote server in the past to help friends downgrade phones they had bought. It's useful for when the phone has been wiped, but blobs exist.

They would make things a bit easier =/

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Apple verifies all iOS installations.I haven't used tinyumbrella to check, so I'm not 100% on their options. Do you know where it checked for blobs?

I have a couple of the more recent saved to my desktop, and I can query Cydia's servers to see which Cydia has saved for me. If you answered "make it easy for me" when you first used Cydia, they should have saved blobs for every iOS version being signed while you used Cydia. For example, an iPhone4 still on 5.1.1 today would have blobs saved for 6.1.3 by opening Cydia.

I've used the remote server in the past to help friends downgrade phones they had bought. It's useful for when the phone has been wiped, but blobs exist.

They would make things a bit easier =/

im pretty sure i wouldve chosen 'make it easy for me', but i cant be 100% sure. and so would i hav to save them my self if i didnt choose that, or does it do it automatically? and what kind of remote server?

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Dev-Team Blog

Go to that site. In the first blog post, there's a couple downloads at the bottom. Both are for the most updated version of redsnow. One for mac and one for windows. Choose the appropriate download.

After you have redsnow downloaded and unzipped, plug your phone in, close iTunes, and open redsnow.

Choose "Extras" From there, choose the appropriately named "SHSH Blobs." Choose "Query" and hit OK. Your device ID will already be entered.

This will send a query to the Cydia servers to see what blobs they have saved for you. Depending on which blobs are available, if any, there's a few ways to go from here.

I don't know if redsnow has been updated to allow downgrading to any 6.x iOS versions. I do know that you can downgrade to 5.1.1 from 6.1.3. So as a worst case, there is that option available to you if Cydia has the blobs saved.

iClarified - iPhone - Where To Download iPhone Firmware Files From has a list of all the IPSW files. You'll need to download the one appropriate for your phone and the blobs you find on the Cydia servers using this tool. From there, you again go into redsnow's Extras. Select IPSW to choose the IPSW you downloaded. SHSH blobs to "Stitch" the blobs from the remote server. "Even more" and choose to restore to the IPSW.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77