iPhone 4 iOS 5.1.1 jail broken to iOS 6.1

cariduros

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi all. I've looked everywhere but just can't find a solution. My iPhone isn't being detected by my pc's. I've uninstalled all apple software and reinstalled. Hard reboot on the iPhone. The phone just isn't being detected. It will charge but that is all. Does anyone have a solution besides formatting a pc? That's the only solution I've seen on the net so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Did you try a different cable or USB port?

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad 3 WiFi ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
As suggested try a different USB port and/or cable.
Also go to Device Manager, right click and choose "Scan for Hardware Changes".
As a final measure, connect the phone, open Device Manager and start looking at the USB ports/devices. Hopefully you'll be able to spot the one connected to your iPhone. Choose Uninstall Driver and then reconnect the phone. Hopefully iTunes will work its magic.

I just thought of another thing - you said the phone was charging. I assume that means it's actually running. In that case you can go to either Recovery or DFU modes. That should "wake" iTunes up.

cariduros

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Thank you all. The culprit was the cable. It was giving a charge but apparently no data. All is well now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk