Comprehensive guide?

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I understand most people are old hats at this whole scene but... I have had iPhones for years now and am interested in jailbreaking my iPhone for the first time. However, there is so much information out there it's a bit overwhelming and confusing. There are multiple ways or methods (Absinthe, RedSn0w and now sn0wbreeze)? Which is best/safest? Then there is all that TinyUmbrella and iFaith stuff. Not to mention Corona which nobody ever says much about or explains. Is that something you add after you're jailbreak? All the guides seem to tell you how to JB but I can't help thinking they are leaving out the details when nothing is mentioned about any of these other programs. Yes, it looks like it might be easy to JB but is not using TinyUmbrella or iFaith or something else going to come back and bite a new jailbreaker in the end?
:confused:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
it's hard to say if there is just ONE really good guide out there that explains everything in the detail you might need. however, with others helping, we can probably make this thread like your own personal guide if you wish :)

..for starters which Operating System are you going to use to jailbreak with? (Mac..PC?)

also, which device of yours do you plan on jailbreaking? i see you have the iPhone 3, 4, 4s

Reactions: sherlock

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
That would be great I''m pretty sure there must be others out there wondering the same thing. the 3g I really only use as an iPod anymore.

I have Win 7 and would like to jailbreak my 4S. The main reason would be to be able to access the specific settings without getting lost in the normal hierarchy menu system. ;)

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks BLiNK! I finally got frustrated and took the plunge when iTunes pulled the newsstand icon out of the folder I cache it away in yet again.

I am shocked at how simple, fast and smoothly it went. I can now change my iMore "team" affiliation. :D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2