Spire anyone?

Citadelsix

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Big thanks to the Chronic Dev team and pod2g for the incredible work on the untethered jb. You guys rock.

My biggest reason to jb was to get the new Siri port on my iPhone 4. Unfortunately, as soon as I got Spire installed, I found several apps no longer worked, including Tunein Radio, VoicePlus, Spotify. Note - I hadn't set up a proxy or used the darned program yet. It seemed that just having it caused many other apps not to work. As soon as I deleted it, they worked fine.

I didn't have a proxy handy to check and see if getting it working would do the trick, so I just deleted it instead (for the near-term at least).

Anyone had any luck getting it up and running? Anyone notice issues with other apps once it was installed?

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Big thanks to the Chronic Dev team and pod2g for the incredible work on the untethered jb. You guys rock.

My biggest reason to jb was to get the new Siri port on my iPhone 4. Unfortunately, as soon as I got Spire installed, I found several apps no longer worked, including Tunein Radio, VoicePlus, Spotify. Note - I hadn't set up a proxy or used the darned program yet. It seemed that just having it caused many other apps not to work. As soon as I deleted it, they worked fine.

I didn't have a proxy handy to check and see if getting it working would do the trick, so I just deleted it instead (for the near-term at least).

Anyone had any luck getting it up and running? Anyone notice issues with other apps once it was installed?

Yep, same issues. I did the untether jailbreak, and everything was working fine with my Iphone. I then installed Spire, and none of my apps would work, besides mail and safari. I then removed Spire, and everything worked fine again. So for now, no Spire for me.

soulfulzeta

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
I installed Spire and so far everything works (except the stock Facebook app), however I'm trying to set up a proxy on my friend's iPhone 4s and have no clue what to do. Can anyone assist with the steps to creating a proxy?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I think you people who are having issues with spire probably installed other siri ports too!! Just a hunch, and that's the problem! Those others messed up your file system.... I have spire, unconfigured, and everything else on the untethered jb works great...

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
I think you people who are having issues with spire probably installed other siri ports too!! Just a hunch, and that's the problem! Those others messed up your file system.... I have spire, unconfigured, and everything else on the untethered jb works great...

Is spire working for you yet? I am just curious. I have a 4S but several friends still on the 4.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77