Dreamboard Help

beeg612

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

I have installed Dreamboard and love what I see but whenever I change the theme and lock the device, upon unlock, I can't do anything but enter sbsettings to enter safe mode and remove Dreamboard so that, upon respiring, my iPhone works properly again. Literally, upon unlock, all I can do is unlock the device and swipe the status bar to enter sbsettings. I am unable to launch any apps, swipe screens or have any interaction whatsoever with the Dreamboard theme. Each time I try a new Dreamboard theme and I lock my iPhone, I must enter safe mode and uninstall Dreamboard to use the iPhone again. I'm running 4.2.1, not sure if that makes a difference.

I really like some of the Dreamboard themes and would like to be able to use them so any help is greatly appreciated.

Bryan

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Assuming this a legit version of Dreamboard (pirated versions have other issues I won't discuss) you might turn off any Winterboard themes you have running?I've seen lots of people report conflicts when trying to run both. Hope that helps!

hpcomputergeek

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Assuming this a legit version of Dreamboard (pirated versions have other issues I won't discuss) you might turn off any Winterboard themes you have running?I've seen lots of people report conflicts when trying to run both. Hope that helps!

BINGO! If that doesn't work. Just force the iDevice into DFU mode and restore via iTunes.

beeg612

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
It is a legit version of Dreamboard. I have tried turning off all other themes and widgets, all to no avail. I'm not sure what is going on because, when I enter a Dreamboard theme, I see icons on the status bar but I also see icons behind the status bar, if that makes sense. It's like there's something else running in the background preventing me from interacting with the selected Dreamboard theme.

hpcomputergeek

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
It is a legit version of Dreamboard. I have tried turning off all other themes and widgets, all to no avail. I'm not sure what is going on because, when I enter a Dreamboard theme, I see icons on the status bar but I also see icons behind the status bar, if that makes sense. It's like there's something else running in the background preventing me from interacting with the selected Dreamboard theme.

I guess your only choice is to restore. :(

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Also, I know you said this is a legit purchased version, but if you ever used a pirated version to test things, it apparently causes troubles with the legit version due to a file modification.

beeg612

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I've never downloaded a pirated app.

I have actually removed and reinstalled Dreamboard several times. The only way for the phone to function properly after I get no response from a Dreamboard theme is to enter safe mode, uninstall Dreamboard and respring.

Here's a step by step, in case I'm not being clear:
1. Install Dreamboard
2. Activate Endroid theme (works fine at this point - I can scroll between pages and open apps)
3. Lock device
4. Unlock device
5. Endroid theme is frozen and will not respond to anything (except the ability to use sbsettings)
6. Enter sbsettings to activate safe mode
7. Enter Cydia in safe mode and uninstall Dreamboard
8. Respring
9. Device works fine again (without Dreamboard)

I sincerely appreciate all of the help and hope to get this working as I like what Dreamboard has to offer.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Ah, I do remember reading about issues with Endroid--have you tried any other themes?
(Sorry if I made you feel like a pirate--just had to cover all the bases!)

beeg612

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Massie, you didn't make feel like a pirate. I understand needing to cover the bases and appreciate the help.

I do not use multiclean.

But, I guess sometimes, it's the simplest of things. After clearing everything installed by Dreamboard and the themes, I reinstalled and am fine now using other themes. Endroid still freezes, though, so it must be something with that theme.

Thank you so much for your assistance!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2