Convince me to stay jailbroken

rfcg

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I have recently jailbroken my iphone 4, the first time in a few years since I had my jailbroken 3g. However, I no longer find any benefit in being jailbroken. Yes, having WinterBoard and being able to change the carrier name is nice, but I swear that my battery is getting used up quicker, and the hassle when software updates come out make me wonder; is it worth it?

So it is up to you guys, and I welcome app suggestions and points that will help convince me to stay jailbroken. :)

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Well. If your questioning it and you need convincing the stay jailbroken, you should probably just restore your phone in all honesty. You can always rejailbreak it later.

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The reason I'm JB is because there are a select few things about iOS that I think could be better, and JB has options to at least semi fix them. If you like iOS the way it is, then stay pure! It's all preference :)

phoon61

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
i don't use winterboard for the reason it drained my battery. I just have the few things installed that should come with all iphones, like notifier+, recent call delete, etc, my battery is amazing still.

iRooney

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I am jail broken primarily for TetherMe. Other things I use because I'm already jail broken anyway, but if it weren't for tethering I'd be stock.

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I am always back and forth but my biggest reason for jailbreaking is BiteSMS. I also use Clean Status, LockInfo but BiteSMS is the main reason why I jailbreak.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Like someone said if you need convincing then the best way is to go pure and see if there is anything you miss. If you want to know good apps check out the Top 5 JB apps stickied, there are also a ton of I'm going pure threads where JBers sound of on why they JB and what they use.

Alveezy

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
To be honest...i really don't see the point of Winterboard. it's a huge battery hog! why change the look of your iPhone if it already looks good the way it is. when your jailbroken, don't use to much tweaks that's graphics intensive or uses your alot of internet connection.

w00dy

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
3g Inrestrictor...!
Case closed! I'm at a job site waiting for the rain to subside and I'm watching comcast xfinity App and I'm streaming "game of thrones" over 3g. COULD NOT do that without being JB

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
To be honest...i really don't see the point of Winterboard. it's a huge battery hog! why change the look of your iPhone if it already looks good the way it is. when your jailbroken, don't use to much tweaks that's graphics intensive or uses your alot of internet connection.

The point is choice. This is the whole reasoning behind Jailbreaking to have more choice on what you want to do to your phone and how it looks and sounds. I've been using Winterboard for years and I've had better battery life than alot of Team Pure people I see complaining all the time. Most people just complain about Winterboard and so it has become the scapegoat. It is the million tweaks and themes they have loaded not Winterboard itself.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

i stopped using winterboard a while ago but it was not due to battery performance. my perspective on this is simply because yeah, it looks awesome but there was no way in hell i was going to let anyone hold my device long enough to appreciate the work i had put into it. so then it became a quiet and personal achievement which got boring after time

anyone who uses winterboard a lot knows that there are animated themes that will most definitely use battery, this is obvious. however, there are apps and tweaks out there that do the same if not worse

OP, if you are having reservations of staying or going just do like others have said.. go to stock and see how it goes. you can always come back, we wont be mad at you :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2