biteSMS crashing

yanks19

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I've been having issues with biteSMS for a couple of weeks now where it always crashes on launch. popups seem to work when i get a message but it crashes when i try to view it in the app. also unable to double tap the status bar to compose as i had set that to the activator action. it had been working fine for quite a while on 4.2.6/greenpois0n and i haven't updated to 4.2.7 or 4.2.8.

i think i was using 5.2 but after it started the crashing issue, i tried updating to the 5.3 builds and i'm up to 5.3.7 with no change. tried uninstalling/reinstalling, no change. i've also tried the solution listed on the bitesms site to delete prefs and still nothing.

the only thing i can think of is i updated the prl after reading that post in the ViP forum here but not sure why that would make a difference. any ideas? thanks.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
How about Cydia? have you gone in and done any upgrades? are there any available? and when you do don't do the necessary always do the complete I've heard of people having problems because they try to save some time. Perhaps it is time to upgrade to a higher firmware since there are JBs available.

yanks19

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
i always do the complete upgrade when necessary in Cydia but there haven't been any in a while. and i'd prefer not to update to an incremental 4.2.8 if it isn't absolutely necessary... just don't feel like going through the whole backup/restore process if it's not getting me a new feature i need to have. like i said, it had been working great and i'm sure other people are using it just fine with 4.2.6 but this is the only app giving me a problem now...:(

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
it's really weird I feel you on the upgrading for an incremental change. Do you remember when it started to mess up what you installed right before it started? Also try turning off all tweaks in Winterboard and respring then see what happens. It must be something that is interacting with the UI and causing problems.

yanks19

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
hmmm... don't have winterboard and the only thing that really changed around the time I remember biteSMS crapping out was the prl update. guess i'll have to try a different app...