ultrasn0w and iOS 4.3.1/1.59

nminer176

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
ok, im on windows vista i am having issues jailbreaking, i am using redsn0w but when i hit the browse button i dont know where to go from that???

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
next time you're going to JB make sure you know the whole process step by step. When you don't it can lead to very bad consequences, go here if you want iClarified - Tutorials - iPhone and pick the method you want to use they have excellent tutorials that tell you each step with illustrations. You should have downloaded the 4.3.1 ipsw so when you hit Browse you're supposed to go to the location it was downloaded to on your computer.

nminer176

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
ok, on iclarrified, stuck on the step when you in itunes and hold shift and hit restore, i do this and my file thing pops up but there is nothing else. no files to choose from:confused:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
OK give me some details here what model is your phone? 3Gs, iPhone 4. As far as I know the way Redsn0w works is you connect to iTunes and upgrade your phone to 4.3.1 then after the update you shut down iTunes and run Redsn0w and point to the ipsw that you downloaded. Then Redsn0w patches the firmware and loads it onto your phone through DFU mode. So I'm not sure which method you're trying to do so once you give me the info I can look it up for ya and get it straightened out.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
OK go here iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3GS Using RedSn0w (Windows) [4.3.1] that is the iclarified instructions for redsn0w. You are already running 4.3.1 so start at Step Three. It is like I said above you don't need to do anything with iTunes. You just run redsn0w point to the 4.3.1 ipsw that you download and choose your options. It will then lead you through the steps to put the phone into DFU mode and redsn0w will load up the patched firmware onto your phone.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
OK I would say try to download it again. I know you're on Windows so I wonder if it's some kind of issue with how it downloads the file? When I get home if you haven't fixed it yet I'll download it for you and put it on my dropbox and see if that helps.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
It totally slipped me that I didn't brin my laptop home. I tried to use my GF's but she was too busy with it. If you still have the problem tomorrow I'll send you the link to the file on my Dropbox.

Gerri312

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I've downloaded the files and proceeded to jailbreak my iPhone 4 and I get all the way to where it says it's downloading ramdisk and it seems like my computer freezes or something because it stays on that part of the process for what feels like forever. Does uploading the ramdisk take long or is there something I'm doing wrong? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2