OS 4.3 jailbreak help

Andy357

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if duplicate post, not having luck finding answer:

I have a Iphone 4 jailbroken with greenp0ison. If I upgrade to 4.3 and jailbreak with redsn0w should I restore to origional settings BEFORE upgrading to 4.3?

Any help is appreciated.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
My iPhone 4 was jailbroken on 4.2.1 with greenp0ison... I upgraded the iPhone to 4.3.1 (had to work through the 1013 error by modifying host file) and then restored from my most recent backup. I then ran the redsn0w jailbreak and all is fine. Some people will tell you to update your iPhone to 4.3.1 and restore as a new phone (don't use a backup) -- and this is fine and but you will lose all your app data.

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
So is that a yes? Restore from back up and then rejailbreak? I'm also on greenpois0n and am putting this off because me and restore dont get along so well (1013 error as well). How did you fix that?

phoon61

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Id check out iclarified.

It has all the info you need. I would like to go into detail about it, depends on if you have a mac or a pc.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
No do not restore as new, to me it's like the Windows format and re-install it should be a last option. The way I see it if you restore from your backup and your phone has problems you have the option of redoing the JB and setting up as new so why choose the option the first time? So just click upgrade it will upgrade you to the latest firmware then you JB with redsn0w. The main thing is do a backup and a sync before you start the process. In the end it is your choice either method will work so it's up to you to decide. If you are OCD and you want a nice clean phone then restore as new then JB. If you want convenience then upgrade and reJB.

Reactions: Martavious

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
So is that a yes? Restore from back up and then rejailbreak? I'm also on greenpois0n and am putting this off because me and restore dont get along so well (1013 error as well). How did you fix that?

Yes you can upgrade to 4.3.1 then restore your backup then jailbreak. If you have a problem then you can restore "as new" and jailbreak again. The 1013 error is fixed by modifying your host file -- just google "iPhone 1013 error" and you will find several walkthroughs...

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
No do not restore as new, to me it's like the Windows format and re-install it should be a last option. The way I see it if you restore from your backup and your phone has problems you have the option of redoing the JB and setting up as new so why choose the option the first time?

Completely agree... I've only had one problem with all the jailbreaks I've done when restoring a backup, and if I remember correctly it was the first time I ran into the 1013 error and I jumped the gun on a restore to try and fix it....

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I don't know why people keep giving this as the first option, in four years I have never once had a problem after restoring from backup.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
If you are OCD and you want a nice clean phone then restore as new then JB.

this pretty much describes the way i go about the entire jailbreak scene..

every new iOS that i put on my device i will restore as new before i jailbreak. lets admit, not all tweaks/apps out there are written very well. i have actually carried over bugs restoring from a backup

i am not a BIG gamer on my device so saving game data isn't that big of a deal to me. although, saving game data is very easy as well as other data

like you have mentioned it is a personal preference, which i have no problem taking the time to restore as new and everything involved after doing it

sometimes i will do it after a long tweaking session (couple days or so) call it useless and me crazy, but i like to start fresh... A LOT :D

*just curious, what do you guys suggest when someone runs into a debacle like when 4.3 came out and A LOT of people were running into MAJOR battery issues? or any major battery issues at that matter?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2