Cydia crashing again?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else experiencing crashing in Cydia? I'm trying to Manage my Packages and it has been crashing for the past hour or so... anyone else?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i was on it this morning and it was fine.. just checked now and it's still good

isn't jailbreaking fun! :D

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
How can I reinstall Cydia "clean" without restoring and re-JB-ing? It looks like I've got something wonky there... can scroll part way though the Packages page and then it just throws me out, regardless of my setting (User/Hacker/Developer)...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm seeing errors in Cydia at the top where I get the 'downloading' messages...

Error: Sub-process /bin/bzip2.. and the message cuts off...

and

Error: Parse failure

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
If you've added a repo recently check the sources. If you haven't just give it time. If Cydia has been working for you then there is no need to remove it and reinstall it you'll just end up redoing your JB. There might be problems on Cydia's end you never know. Sometimes I've had times in the past when I open Cydia and it takes forever to load or it loads and then reloads when I'm searching. I usually just open it and leave it open until my device autolocks then I leave it alone for an hour or two and it will be fine. If you have problems for more than a day then something is up.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I removed one repo that I added... and saw that the errors were related to a repo that I had added and later removed... but it's causing issues trying to scroll through the Manage/Packages section...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I have identified the "bad" component... I tried to install SpringClean, last week, and apparently it's hosed within my iPhone... when ever I go anywhere near SpringClean in Cydia, it kicks me out... whether it's through the SEARCH function or through the MANAGE section... how can I remove it completely and restore Cydia to full functionality again?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
why not SSH into the phone look in the var/mobile/applications folders find SpringClean download a copy to your computer and delete the folder. Then do a reboot, you're going to reload anyway it's worth a shot.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I'm sure it's there... but I also think that I've looked EVERYWHERE... and I can't do anything to take my phone out of service until 4/1 because I'm on call and if I miss a call or a page, I am toast... just gonna have to live with it until then, I guess... and looking for a cure for my OCD. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2