Jailbroken iPhone 2G update from 3.0 to 3.1.3

peterlg

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I have an iPhone 2G that I would like to update from 3.0 to 3.1.3. It was jailbroken and unlocked when I bought it so I am unsure of what method was used.

Will updating it to 3.1.3 increase the speed of the OS as 3.0 seems to run quite slowly. What would be the best method of doing the update? Will I need to restore it to a standard copy of 3.1.3 and then to about jailbreakint with pwnagetool? Can i just update it now in iTunes, but surely I will then lose the unlock and the activation?

peterlg

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
Come on guys, are these not support forums? Like with my 3G, I've had to work out how to sort out my 2G myself. I wanted to update from 3.0 to 3.1.3. I decided to restore it in iTunes and update to the latest version, 3.1.3. On the screen it then said something like 'no sim, connect to iTunes to activate'. I now used pwnage tool to jailbreak and unlock it. I directed it to the original 3.1.3 software, got rid of the custom boot and recovery screens and started it off creating the custom ipsw. Once it was complete, I put the iPhone into DFU mode and restored the custom firmware in iTunes. All went well and the phone loaded the bootneuter app and did what it does. The phoe then rebooted and all sorted. Jailbroken and running on 3.1.3. I installed the pushfix app through cydia to get YouTube working.