iPhone4 unlock question

BBUser_9530

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I am having issues in ultrasn0w unlock (1.1-1) on my iPhone4 (4.0.1). When I reboot the phone (slide to power off or reboot using sbsettings), the option of Carrier showing up on the Settings Screen is slim to none. Sometimes it shows up, sometimes it does not.

I have removed ultrasn0w and reinstalled it, but still I am not seeing this option stable in the settings screen, every time I reboot. It is just a hit or miss.

Is anyone else noticing this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Robert Waldroup

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Not getting the same result

I have performed the same steps that you've described, but I'm not getting the malfunction. Maybe it is particular to the configuration you have on your unit, or maybe it has to do with other apps/ mods you've installed/made.

BBUser_9530

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I have restored the phone back to 4.0.1 this morning and unlocked it (no extra apps installed yet) and so far i am seeing the carrier option show up almost every time i reboot the device. It did not show only once when i rebooted.

Thanks for your feedback!!

steve88

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
upgrade to 4.0.2 and unlocked

Hi all
I currently have a IP4 4.0.1 jailbroken and unlocked. My understanding is that in order to have the phone unlocked, it had to be jailbroken first before unlocking. What if I were to upgrade the OS to 4.0.1, I would lose my jailbreak, but would I also lose my unlock as well?

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
No. You cannot unlock without jailbreaking.

Some European Carriers will unlock your iPhone if you purchased the iPhone from them. I know Orange UK, will unlock for 20 pounds, but you have to have been a customer for 3 months. (at least that is what another user on this forum told me)

acedcool

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Developer of PushFix has released a jailbreak app on Cydia called MiTime, which activates Facetime on unlocked iPhones running on unofficial carriers such as T-Mobile US.

According to the developer, the jailbreak app should work in almost every country except for Cambodia, and Bolivia (Tigo).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2