iPhone Unlock Scam

fr_202

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Hi

Just joined this website to report this thing. I was a victim of the 3.1.3 on the 3GS. So I went to a couple of websites. Many were reported scams. This wasn't so I trusted it. But lets promote this one as being the same.

www iphoneunlockuk com
www iphoneunlockusa com

They are the same website and attract you into buying there software for unlock (they renamed spirit as there software and let people download it for crying out loud). I think people should share there experience and demote these people

I signed up. They told me that they could unlock the software pronto. Well after payment they said please wait few more days for ios4. Well I was annoyed but had done the payment so nothing could be done. But ios4 and not a public jailbreak yet (for latest baseband and stuff) and the website keeps saying that you unlock is being prepared. Funny stuff, they ask for imei on sale, it is NOT linked to imei. One claim MAY be true though. I think they do provide unlock (factory) for O2 UK customers. But even that requires a prepaid Sim card of O2 with ?16 in it. They explain that it is a revenue share agreement with O2. Nothing of which is mentioned in FAQ, at least at the time I am writing this. ANd they never answer the trusty phone line support.

Anyways its just to let people know of one more scam out there.

ALexSoFLy

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for informing the board about this. We need to stop scammers anyway we can. They're lower than scum on the earth.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Hi

Just joined this website to report this thing. I was a victim of the 3.1.3 on the 3GS. So I went to a couple of websites. Many were reported scams. This wasn't so I trusted it. But lets promote this one as being the same.

www iphoneunlockuk com
www iphoneunlockusa com

They are the same website and attract you into buying there software for unlock (they renamed spirit as there software and let people download it for crying out loud). I think people should share there experience and demote these people

I signed up. They told me that they could unlock the software pronto. Well after payment they said please wait few more days for ios4. Well I was annoyed but had done the payment so nothing could be done. But ios4 and not a public jailbreak yet (for latest baseband and stuff) and the website keeps saying that you unlock is being prepared. Funny stuff, they ask for imei on sale, it is NOT linked to imei. One claim MAY be true though. I think they do provide unlock (factory) for O2 UK customers. But even that requires a prepaid Sim card of O2 with ?16 in it. They explain that it is a revenue share agreement with O2. Nothing of which is mentioned in FAQ, at least at the time I am writing this. ANd they never answer the trusty phone line support.

Can't believe u fell for it OP. But thanks for being honest and posting this thread. I'm always shutting down scammers!!

nillam1

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
eBay, Kijiji & Craigslist are full of people who will let you pay to jailbreak, even though it's free. While your there you can get a cup of tap water for $2.00, as well. Sorry to hear you got scammed, it drives me bonkers when I see those types of adds. The best thing we can all do is to inform our family & friends never to pay for this service that is free.

yorkster

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Hi

www iphoneunlockuk com
www iphoneunlockusa com

wow must say this was me too only it cost me ?38.99 and i reported them to trading standards and nochex who they use to take payment . Nochex has asked them to refund me my money so hopefully they will and trading standards said they should pay back the money (yeah right ) i know it was my fault but when you need an unlock and you know nothing about the iphone you make silly decicions . i have been allover the webbys warning peeps about mr jody sander from iphoneunlockuk even managed to get his address and realy want to pay him a visit with my mates (the kind that like to break bones ) but hey thats against the law right anyways just my little rant. cant wait for tmobile to release the iphone 4 so i can then have one without unlocking it lol

garys11#IM

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I got a spam email from them telling me they can unlock a iPhone4 for 23 Euro
($29.95USD)
How they got my email address is no biggy but how they knew I have a ip4
is beyond me, anyway I knew there was no unlock yet for a iPhone4, I wrote them
asking them how they were able to unlock a ip4 and no one can't... that was almost 2
weeks ago, still have not heard anything and I been taken off of their spam list.
These scammers were named unlock-the-iphone.com
We know they are selling the same software that is offered for free.
***Hope I did not break any forum rules by posting these scammers name

Last edited:

iPhone4User

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Read the link below and I explain all the BS, even though I knew it was a scam (at least for the iPhone 4) to begin with. Think of it as a service to the community...which probably knew not to do it anyway, hahahaha. Hope its of some help.

Forget QUICKLY

Last edited:

Mav3n

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
/quote/ Funny stuff, they ask for imei on sale, it is NOT linked to imei./quote/
have you taken close look at your cell bill? The old IMEI scam let them clone your phone and put long distance calls on your bill. I hope not but just incase...

yorkster

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
right i just got my money back if you paid with nochex i suggest you open a ticket with them go here Nochex Resources and Support and give them hell it took me 2 months but today i got a bank transfer to my account for ?38.99 if ya want i will do a transcript of my ticket to nochex just ask n i will post it up and good luck

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
This reminds me of a very well known Quote..."There's a sucker born every minute."
I'm a firm believer in Educate... Educate... Educate... Read... Read... Read... As much Information that is available on the web and other available routes, it's amazing that this can happen... Read... Read... Read... Search... Search... Search...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77