Not able to send pics in texts after 3.1.3. &/or Spirit JB!

nillam1

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
After I upgraded to 3.1.3., restored in iTunes & re-jailbroke with Spirit, I can no longer send pics in texts & my little camera to add pics, that ussually is above my "Q" on my keyboard is gone! Is this because of the new "cellular network data settings" in >settings >general >network, is blank? It had my carriers pda2.bell.ca in the APN section of both the cellular data & network sections but the rest was blank. I'm not even sure if that's the correct APN thingy because I deleted them for no good reason, doh!!!!! Any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance. Peace, =)

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Looks like u deleted the network settings. Do a fresh restore and before jb'ing check to make sure u can send an mms, then JB.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Yes, you'll most likely have yo re-enter the correct APN settings and then reboot. Once you do, it should work. Just make sure that you fill out the areas for your MMS proxies. Those are the important ones.

nillam1

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
Yes, you'll most likely have yo re-enter the correct APN settings and then reboot. Once you do, it should work. Just make sure that you fill out the areas for your MMS proxies. Those are the important ones.

Thanks, guys! Is this new "Cellular Data Network" section that is between the Enable 3G & DATA ROAMING "ON/OFF" switches in Settings/General/Network/Cellular Data Network, from the 3.1.3. firmware update? OR Is it from Spirit JB, to enable switching from one carrier to another? Also how do I find out what info is needed, to fill in the "Cellular Data" & "MMS" section? :confused::eek::confused::eek::confused::eek:

nillam1

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
MMS Camera & visual voicemail restored!!!! =)

I figured it out, for my carrier "Bell Mobility" in Canada! SHIBBY, =)

How to configure my Apple iPhone for the Bell Mobility HSPA network

Here is a good site for the 4 major "CANADIAN" carriers, to re-configure your iPhones APN settings after firmware upgrade, spiritjb or just everytime you swap out your simcard on an unlocked iPhone. I'm guessing it is from the Apple update because spiritjb is not an un-lock. Whatever the case, my little text message camera, to add pics in texts & my visual voicemail are working perfect again, :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D. PEACE!!!!!!!!!

iPhone internet Browser Setting for Bell iphone Telus iPhone Rogers iphone Fido iPhone Vergin iPhoen .. All setting for your iPhone

You need the correct "APN" in both the "Cellular Data" & "MMS". Also the "MMSC" & "MMS Proxy" in the "MMS" section. Both the Cellular Data & MMS Usernames & Passwords, leave blank. Also the "MMS Max Message Size" & "MMS UA Prof URL," leave blank as well.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77