2g PLEASE HELP

torpedo769

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I just bought an iphone 2g. When I hook it up itunes it ask's me to activate it. It is a full avtivation process with att involved. I have never had to do this with any other iphone. How do I get around this to get the phone working. My Sim is good and works in a 3g that I didn't have to regester or add a data plan to get going. I would like to jailbreak too but I am also having problems with that. I believe it is 3.1.3 os but cant get into the phone to check.

Thanks

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to the darkside

If you are not on AT&T but your phone is locked to AT&T which it sounds like you get around activation during the JB process. It's called hactivation and I only know how to do it using pwnage tool creating your custom ipsw. Since I've been out of the JB game for awhile since my phone runs nicely on 3.1.2 JB I'll let someone else tell you or you could search about the tools and unlocks available for 3.1.3 Try searching for Spirit, you will need to unlock after you JB the phone so make sure you read up on how to do that too. You should also give some more info is the phone JBen? What was used to JB? where are you located? Windows or Mac? I'm going to be searching on upgrading my 3G to 4.0 and JB so I'll look back in later in the week to see if you got help.

Last edited:

torpedo769

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I have tried using spirit on this phone but I keep getting error code 1. I have att and a valid sim that I use in my 3g. In the past I have never had this activation process pop up I could always put my sim in whatever phone, sync with itunes and was good to go. I am and have been using the latest verision of itunes on windows. Not the first time I have used the latest itunes with an iphone.

Thanks for the response

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2