Spirit, JB and boot rom protection

TSInes80

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
hi

i'm wondering now that with the release of Spirit you can jailbreak any 3.1.3 if there has been any circumvention of the blasted boot rom protection.
i have had a few issues with my bluetooth now and then with have required me to reboot my phone, but since i'm on the road constantly i cannot always perform a tethered jailbreak and this is quite a pain the socket.

can anybody shed some light on this matter?

also i'm running OS 3.1.2 and i am holding on switching to 3.1.3 in lieu of upgrading to 4.0 straight away. is this the wisest approach for now?

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Why are you on a tethered jailbreak? If you upgrade to 3.1.3 (ONLY if you don't need to unlock), then just jailbreak with Spirit, and it's a REAL jailbreak without the reboot problems. It's an UNtethered jailbreak.

And as long as you don't need to unlock, I'd recommend upping to 3.1.3, ten jailbreaking with Spirit. It will liberate your jailbreak experience tremendously. :)

snowieley

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
so i believed no matter how new the bootrom is, the untethered jailbreak will works?
sick of everytime having to click on blackra1n app in order to restart my phone.. =P

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
That is correct. Spirit provides an untethered j/b, regardless of the bootrom (as of today, that is).

Wiltron

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
To emphasize, it will LOCK your phone to its original carrier.

If you rely on an UNLOCK DO NOT UPGRADE!

Last edited:

TSInes80

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Okay, so yesterday i upgraded to 3.1.3 and ran Spirit. nothing wrong here, Cydia popped up and all my previous settings were restored.

After syncing for the first time i noticed a couple of not-so-good situations i was experiencing before the upgrade were still going on, namely upon accessing winterboard instead of going straight in, it goes to the Settings menu first where i have to choose Select Themes and then access the winterboard menu, along with F#$%& Outlook not syncing the latest contacts i have added to the file!
Also, no ringtones or apps were synced from the libraries but it did sync roughly 12GB of music.

i think it might be related to applying the backup on itunes and not starting from scratch after the restore. as such i am willing to do another full restore and re-Spirit JB to check if all goes smoother this time but i'd like to ask if anybody elese has some other pointers i can follow because i spent all night behind the computer trying to solve this thing and it just resulted in a great frustration.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2