mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I would be happy with a system wide dark theme option similar to what we see in TapaTalk and Tweetbot. Invert colors and Grayscale are both stupid. I've never seen the Flux thing and don't know much about it. I'd just like another option besides bright white with low contrast text. Us folks over 55 have trouble with that.

Flux is specifically for using your getting rid of the blueish tint that most screen backlights give off. It adjusts the actual tone of the colours to give them a more yellowish, dim tone. Think adjusting white balance, but to an extreme, ugly yellowish tint like an old CRT monitor. It's an extremely niche use case, whereas actual themes (dark theme like your example) which would re-skin the entire phone are much more likely to be added as a future feature. I'd be happy to have the ability to choose from different colour schemes, but I couldn't give two stones about dimming the thing so it doesn't appear "blue" in a pitch black room.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Explained to me by the makers of F.Lux, I loosely understood the issue being a security feature within the App Store blocks the app from being able to be uploaded.

Or, I can only assume, the "downloading and installing" from the App Store is not able to bypass something within the software which would allow changes to be made to the parts of the software that control the screen. If you understand what I mean...

But according to you--not enough people have requested it, so that's their main reason!

BULL****

There's this now. GammaTest is a Flux clone that works on non jailbroken phones. You need a Mac and Xcode 7. It's a little different, but does the same thing.
https://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/comments/3o4n2o/tutorialdiscussion_use_flux_on_ios_9_without/

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RowanJack