CrazRid

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Hi Ive have read few topics on the forums, my iphone was jailbrokened before, but i had to restore cause when i downloaded winterboard, it made me connect to itunes then i had to restore cause it couldn't read my phone.. so then i restored the phone as new etc, and thats about it. but i hear if u got a new iphone and hasnt been jailbrokened, u could use tethered jailbreak? does that work?

thanks for the help.

dragonc12

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
okay...what you had WAS a tethered jailbreak.

on the newer 3GS / iPod touch 3G models, if you have have to reboot (which is what happened in your case when you downloaded winterboard) or if your battery dies, when you turn the phone back on it displays the "connect to itunes" logo.

at that point you have to run your jailbreak software (blackrain or redsnow) again to boot the phone (hence tethered). YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE RESTORED.

so since you restored (to 3.1.3 i'm guessing) (someone correct me if I'm wrong here) unless you had your SHSH saved in Cydia with Saurik, you will NOT be able to jailbreak your phone again until they come out with a jailbreak for 3.1.3.

dragonc12

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
okay well if you dont know if you saved your SHSH, the only way to figure it out really is to try downgrading your 3GS and rejailbreaking. Here is pretty detailed instructions over at iHackintosh.

if it doesn't work, i would assume you didn't save your SHSH, which means right now you will NOT be able to jailbreak until the dev team or Geohot, or someone comes up with the next jailbreak edition.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, it sounds like you're screwed.

It's always best to read up BEFORE doing stupid sh*t. Reading up AFTER you've already f'd up is counterproductive. And slightly retarded. :|

exprumos

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, it sounds like you're screwed.

It's always best to read up BEFORE doing stupid sh*t. Reading up AFTER you've already f'd up is counterproductive. And slightly retarded. :|

Thanks for the helpful comments, Lucifer. Most of us idiots had figured that out for ourselves. After the fact :)

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
*lol*

Yeah, that's usually the case, unfortunately. I just don't see why people wouldn't research the hell out of something that could potentially ruin their $600 iPhone, you know? It just doesn't register with me is all.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77