Hello screen

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
This morning I checked to see if my iPad was fully charged. To my surprise I saw the hello screen like the iPad restored from a back up.

Couldn’t have been cause the iPad was off.

All my aplications were in their right folders. But what is weird is 4 full screens of old applications were also downloaded on the iPad. Some of which were not in th- App Store anymore.

The only way this could have of happened is for the iPad to be either connected to iTunes or Imazing.

Then in order to restore from a backu- is t0 provide the backups password on both iTunes or Imazing.

All of my backups are password encrypted.

Never had this ever happen before.

My plan now is to turn WiFi to airplane mode at night.

The circled application has not been in the App Store for many years now.

Any ideas on how the IPad could have this happen to it?
8fc70d93805256ab2721ad759bfe00f7.jpg

Last edited:

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I see 15.4.1 is new as of today. So I am guessing you are right.

You are right that was turned on. I always have that set to off. Now I do.

Must have happened when restoring my iPad.

Never had a update do this before though. I mean download all those older applications. Even the ones that are not in the App Store anymore.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
It does seem that it was an iPadOS update. After the update, the OS can put you through the welcome screen if some settings need automated migrations (transparent, but require a device unlock) or adjustments.

The app you have circled around is not on your iPad. That’s what the cloud with an arrow pointing down indicates; it would be downloaded from the App Store when you tap on it.
Now, I don’t know why it decided to appear on your Home Screen.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
No it was on the iPad. When I tap on the applications icon there is an attempted update but that happens cause the application is not in the application store.

If you search on the App Store that would not be there anywhere.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I updated my other iPad Pro 12.9 incher today had the same iOS version before installing 15.4.1 today.

Same exact version as the Hello s teen iPad.

The iPad I updated asked me for my pad code and never displayed the Hello screen like my other iPad.

Did not transfer these old applications either.

Time that is weird.