Jailbreaking Problem - Can't Find Answer

Raeki

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Okay I have downloaded the 3.12, but have one question:

I want to save my Calenders, Notes, Songs, and Contacts, How would I do that?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Every time you sync to itunes you are backing up your calendar, notes, songs, etc.

Where did you download 3.1.2 from?

Raeki

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Does syncing take what you have on your iPod and rewrite it on your computer, or does it take what you have on your computer and put it on your iPod? This is what I never get.

I would also like to know: How can I control when I sync what to where? (So controlling, when I sync my iPod apps to the computer, or when I sync the songs I have on my computer to my iPod, or when I sync the contacts I have on my iPod to the Computer, or when I sync the calender on my computer to my iPod)

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
All of it is controlled right from iTunes. As far as sync - it's short for synchronize. That means it puts the same things in both places so that they are the same...synchronized...in sync.

Raeki

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I know that it makes both places the same... but as both copies were originally different, which copy does it save? for example, I have a file called "hi.doc" which is on two computers, and it represents my contacts. One will represent the iPod and one will represent iTunes. The file on each computer is slightlely different; from which computer will the sync take the file to rewrite on the other computer?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
It will combine them so that they are the same, keeping the newest data from whichever source is newest.

Raeki

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
okay so it also remembers the date?

what is the point of backing up? Is the only benefit being able to have multiple copies?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
On the iPhone there is no point. The concept of backing up on the iPhone is totally different than on a pc, a Mac, a WinPho, or anything else. You have no control over it, and you can't choose what to restore TO.

Raeki

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
So to clarify: If I want to keep my contacts, calender, notes, and songs, I:

1. Plug my iPhone into iTunes 9.0.3
2. Only click "Sync"
3. Restore it to OS 3.1.2
4. Sync it again

Raeki

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Nevermind its back syncing again.

However, Will iTunes and Outlook automatically take the contacts in my iPhone and put them into Outlook, and then sync it back into my iPhone after I restore it and sync the second time? How does iTunes know when to sync the contacts from my iPhone or to my iPhone?

Raeki

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
iPhone not restoring

I have successfully backed up my contacts and etc., however now I have yet another problem :(

I get a strange error message that I can't find help for; It is error message 3194. After the "Verify with Apple" thing, it says there was an error and it says "The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. This device isn't eligible for the requested build." It is 3.12 and I have checked that it is the correct version (like for my iPhone). Please help I can't find it anywhere else

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77