Notifications for email and text, etc...

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I was under the impression that there was an app, in Cydia that allowed one to change the notification sounds, etc, for email and sms.

Is that not the case? If so, does anyone know the name of it?

Thanks in advance

Ivan

BENGRIMM

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
I have seen a few pay apps but the best way is for youto SSH into the phone and swap them out . Check youtube there are a bunch of great video tutorials .

Reactions: anon(153966)

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I agree with what the above poster stated. That's how I do it as well. However, if you want to do it the easy way, download an app called "ToneFX". But it doesn't create the files, it only uses what you already have on the iPhone.

Reactions: anon(153966)

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Can I just say, when the Mrs. asks me why I'm not spending the New Year with her, I'll be naming LVCIFER & BENGRIMM, when I blame it on jailbraking and configuring my iPhone!

PS: Thanks for the guidance ;)

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I use ToneFX. There's a desktop component to actually create the ringtones. Nice thing, after replacing my iPhone, I was able to restore my old ToneFX ringtones with one keypress.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
HOW-TO CHANGE SMS/EMAIL TONES.

Preparation Notes: Before you attempt to do any of this, if you have jailbroken your iPhone using blackra1n, you will need to go to Cydia and download/install "afc2add". Without it, you won't be able to use iPhone Browser or iFunBox.

-First, you find the audio file that you want to be as your new TXT notifier, try to find it as any of the following file formats:

wav, mp3, aiff, m4a

-Then, load it into iTunes. Click on Edit > Preferences > Import Settings > Advanced, and set the conversion encoder to AIFF.

-Go back into your library inside iTunes, locate the file you just added, right click on the sound file you imported, and select "Convert to AIFF".

-Let it convert.

-Once it's done, right-click the file, and go to info. Follow the path to that file, and then simply rename it to *.caf.

-Open up iPhone Browser. You can also use iFunBox.
-On iPhone Browser, click on Goto Location > UISounds on the top bar. For iFunBox, navigate to this directory:
/System/Library/Audio/UISounds
-Locate the files named:
"sms-received1.caf"
"sms-received2.caf"
"sms-received3.caf"
"sms-received4.caf"
"sms-received5.caf"
"sms-received6.caf"

-Decide which one you don't like, and delete it.
-Lets use the first one, "sms-received1.caf" as an example. Delete that ba$tard from the original directory.
-RENAME your NEW ringtone (created in iTunes) to "sms-received1.caf", and drag it into that iPhone Browser / iFunBox directory.
-Go to your iPhone, select "Tri-tone" as your message, and that will be your new SMS/TXT/MMS Ringtone. Do this for the other five and there you go. :)

Voila, thats all it is. it sounds like a lot of steps, but once you do it once or twice, its really second nature.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Happy New Year everyone, and thanks for all the help in 2009.

Now, let me share this. I got home from work at 13:45. Chilled for a minute, played with iPhone and Cydia. Mrs asked what we're doing later I said not sure yet. Then, I feel asleep on the sofa, got up at about 22:20! She's gone to bed, and here I am, playing with my iPhone and Cydia, AGAIN!

I'm so going to get it in the morning. And, I know exactly who to blame...

I'm just saying...

sargd66

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
^^^
I use ifunbox all the time and I never downloaded that afc2add? I did jailbreak with the original blackra1n. It all works fine for me. Should I download it or leave well enough alone? I don't do ringtones through ifunbox though I use ssh.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Well, from the mouth of Geohot, blackra1n did NOT include the afc2 service, so... I'm not sure why exactly you aren't having trouble with USB access...

sargd66

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
Yeah me either. I even checked my installed programs it's not in there. Very odd then! I only use ifunbox for icons and wallpaper movement.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77