3GS worries?

aadon

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
After reading the threads I understand that I have a 3GS, that is tethering everytime I power down, I have to run blackrain again. Are there any worries that my iphone could be bricked? If I keep it powered up can it just reboot sticking me, to where I have to run blackrain? I don't mind having to run the blackrain script, my concern is my iphone becoming a brick?

Thanks

aadon

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
My main concern is since when I power down that I have to re-install blackrain. If this is not a big deal I wont worry about it. If I don't power down and keep my iphone on a charger, I guess this will not be a worry?

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
What does this post mean?

It means a jailbreak always runs the risk of causing unforeseen trouble. And that's there's a forum here specifically for jailbreak discussions.

My main concern is since when I power down that I have to re-install blackrain. If this is not a big deal I wont worry about it. If I don't power down and keep my iphone on a charger, I guess this will not be a worry?

The other worry would be if you install something that necessitates a reboot (some of the more eloquent JB apps do require a reboot to enable their functionality). And if you have a crash (JB app or other) that causes the phone to reboot or turn off, then you have to have a computer with blackra1n handy just to get it functioning again. For me, I'm not worried so much about running out of battery as I am about doing something stupid necessitating a reboot which would leave me without a phone in such a case.

Crunch

Sep 17, 2008
Visit site
Get a car charger, get an emergency charger that prevents your 3GS from turning off, always charge it whenever you're near a laptop is what I would say. I have a 3GS that has the tethered jailbreak as well, and since there is no removable battery, and the device needs constant charging anyway, you kind of have to get the extra chargers and remember to plug it in when you're at home anyway.

There will be OS 3.2, and if not, OS 4.0, and you will want to upgrade to that in all likelihood. This will necessitate a new jailbreak again for everyone anyway, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. ;)

aadon

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Thank you for your comments. After using it today, I have decided to continue using the JB function. GV Moblie, is worth it to me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2