help with jailbrake on 3.1.2 for 3g and newb

bachc1987

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
i have an iphone 3g on 3.1.2 and i downloaded redsnow and the restore file and i also follow the directions in the jailbrake guide and it all goes well but after it reboots and everything, there is no cydia on my homescreen or icy. ive tried at least 5x now. what am i doing wrong?

hghflyrjd1

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
u need to use blackrain go to blackrain.com click the windows or mac icon depending on what your running once downloaded connect the iphone and click make it rain thats it

bachc1987

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
ill give it a shot and thanks for your help everyone...im home sick with hopefully not the swine flu and thought id do something productive haha

Last edited:

bachc1987

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
wow not to b a nag but i read its better to dl cydia and rock not icy? is this correct? y is this? dont shoot me for all the dumb questions...im a iphone convert from the crackberry world and its a whole diff ballgame

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
wow not to b a nag but i read its better to dl cydia and rock not icy? is this correct? y is this? dont shoot me for all the dumb questions...im a iphone convert from the crackberry world and its a whole diff ballgame

Yes this is correct, Icy will interfere with Cydia thats y

Hyrosandmaster09

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Hello people, im here with a few questions about jailbreaking an ipod touch so pls help me out
1:If my ipod was bought as a 2g and i upgraded it to 3g via itunes,should i still jailbreak by 3rd generation
2:Since i use the itunes store on my ipod touch instead of using the itunes store on the computer, when i restore,it deletes all my music and i have to rebuy it, so wat should i do?
3:Is there a way i can jailbreak saftly without restoring?
4:I tried to jailbreak yestrday but it screwed up and i had to restore,How can i prevent this?!!! HELP PLS!!!

hghflyrjd1

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
Not a Problem...waiting for the release of BlackSnow Got a few iphones that need unlocking lol...Geohot is on some other $3!t..Gotta give it to him..

hghflyrjd1

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
up grade it to 3.1.2 and jailbreak it with blackra1n that would be my guess when u use blackra1n u dont have to restore so u wont loose your apps and such.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Hello people, im here with a few questions about jailbreaking an ipod touch so pls help me out
1:If my ipod was bought as a 2g and i upgraded it to 3g via itunes,should i still jailbreak by 3rd generation
2:Since i use the itunes store on my ipod touch instead of using the itunes store on the computer, when i restore,it deletes all my music and i have to rebuy it, so wat should i do?
3:Is there a way i can jailbreak saftly without restoring?
4:I tried to jailbreak yestrday but it screwed up and i had to restore,How can i prevent this?!!! HELP PLS!!!

1. I don't own a touch so I don't understand what you mean by this???
2. you will have to rebuy the stuff if you haven't synced them to the computer, I did this once with one song so I know. If you have alot of songs you might want to contact Apple because they do have the record that you bought the songs so they may be able to do something for you. If you need your apps just go into the store and get it again it will tell you that you've already purchased the app do you want to download it again.
3. I believe someone responded if you use blackra1n you wont have to restore, I haven't used it so I can't say
4. You can prevent screwing up the JB by knowing all the steps to the method, make sure you have all the software and files you need and watch a couple videos on the process

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2