Un-jailbreaking but staying unlocked ..... possible?

Steve-O

Banned
Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
I currently have a 3G running 3.0.1 which is jailbroken & unlocked (as I was locked to o2 in the UK but have since moved to Australia).

Jailbreaking the phone was initially very good, but I've since used the jailbroken apps less & the phone has become more buggy & lags more & more each day (& is causing my MMS not to work which is REALLY annoying me). So I'm wondering, if I 'un-jailbreak' it & update, can I still unlock the phone so that I can continue to use it out here....... or does the phone have to be jailbroken in order to unlock?

& also, if I can do this (& do), does anyone know of an app similar to Q-Tweeter? This is the one jailbroken app I use on a daily basis & would really need to replace!

Thanks!

BENGRIMM

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
If you update to 3.1 it will update your baseband and you wont beable to unlock right now . They are working on a unlock for 3.1-3.1.2 but it will take time .

masterkjn

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
The phone needs to stay jaibroken to remain unlock. Furthermore you cannot update to an official firmware greater then 3.0.1 to stay unlocked right now. Only way you can unlock a phone without jailbreaking in US is if you somehow pull a miracle and get apple or At&T to officially unlock it for you. Apple has the capability to officially unlock every phone. If you are having issues with your jailbroken phone - search online for sollutions to these. More then likely you will be able tto solve them since there are a ton of people who use jailbroken phones without any issues at all.
edit: or you can sell your phone and shell out $1000 and buy an officially unlocked phone online which are imported from countries like Australia.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2