Iphone Upgrade/Jailbreak Question

jm95

Apr 15, 2009
Visit site
Hi all ive been a silent member for a while - and this group seems very knowledgable :D

about 3 months ago i brought my iphone and left it on 2.2.1 and jailbreaked it - no probs all good im now starting to get a few probs with it and see a lot of apps just for version 3 - so have decided to upgrade - this is where i need some advice

1) i obviously want to keep my contacts etc so do i sync with itunes or backup the phone to restore at a later date? (ill be using my main pc as the sync - and will jailbreak on my laptop)

2) do i upgrade through itunes to 3.0.1 or just to 3.0 and do i let itunes upgrade itself to its newest version i think its 8.2.1

3)once its on 3.0/3.0.1 is redsn0w the best way to jailbreak it (i no i need to use the 3.0 version when jailbreaking)

4)once its jailbreaked i can then plug back to my main pc and sync my contacts and data back on or i assume i can giving me a fresh jailbreaked 3 firmware but with all my previous data

many thanks in advance jm95

Skywalker

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
1) Sync and back up all your phone info to the desktop, including contacts, photos, notes, etc. Make sure you copy your photos to the desktop and anything else that does not sync automatically.

2) Upgarde to 3.0.1 and iTunes 8.2.1 as well.

3) Redsnow all the way! Make sure you restore your phone as new before you jailbreak. This will help the phone run better.

4) You can now sync your new phone to the desktop iTunes. Do not sync from backup. Set up phone as new.

Good luck!