Are you Jailbroken or Not?

Are you currently Jailbroken?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kickstar13

May 4, 2009
Visit site
My iPhone is jailbroken. I have noticed Jailbreaking the iPhone and installing Winterboard from Cydia has slowed my iPhone down noticeably.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
I jailbroke once mainly so I could just try it out. I liked having themes and tweaking settings with sbsettings. I restored it when I had a hardware issue and needed to take my iPhone to the Apple store.

zukir02

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
I jailbroke once mainly so I could just try it out. I liked having themes and tweaking settings with sbsettings. I restored it when I had a hardware issue and needed to take my iPhone to the Apple store.

I am with you. I liked it jailbroken though but it slowed it down and it aggravated me so I didn't jailbreak the one I got when I exchanged it. I have thought about doing it again I just dont feel like having to set everything up again. haha

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I am with you. I liked it jailbroken though but it slowed it down and it aggravated me so I didn't jailbreak the one I got when I exchanged it. I have thought about doing it again I just dont feel like having to set everything up again. haha

Same here I don't feel like downloading the old itunes and everything else.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Yeah...I had mine jailbroken for a while. So did the g/f.

We had our 1st gens jailbroken and dealt with the lag (which didn't seem to be as bad with installer and summerboard as it is with cydia and winterboard now). The main reason there was it allowed you to have multiple pages, and download games and apps, which at the time you couldn't do.

When Apple started allowing you to rearrange things, and the app store came out, the benefits no longer outweighed the annoyances for me. We jailbroke our 3Gs for a while and the lag was terrible, so we restored them.

The only thing I wish apple would let you do is change the wallpaper on your home screen, not just the lock screen.

websyndicate

May 13, 2009
Visit site
That was my main reason for a long time. I could live without after 2.0, but went back once, and the lag killed me.

After 3.0, I don't think I'll see a need ever again :)

I thought with 2.0 I wouldnt need jailbreaking anymore. Man I was wrong I just love to hack. I think I feel I get more use out of my phone with hacking it. just my thoughts.

EmEuS

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
I have been JB for about 6 months now and went to rejailbreak to eliminate the lag as it was getting rediculous. After being reminded of what the iphone was like not JB I decided not to re JB and just wait for 3.0. I can live without the customization if the performance is what it is.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
Jailbroken with Winterboard installed. No real lag that I can feel, but then again I am very selective with the jailbreak apps I install...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77