Help -" iTunes failed to sync"

jobosumm

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I looked around the forums and didn't see any threads on this, please forgive me if I've missed any ----I'm trying to sync my iPhone 4s on iTunes. After several minutes of "waiting for sync to start" I then get the error " the iPhone could not be synced because the sync session failed to start"

I am running iTunes 10.6.3, and it says it is the latest version. my phone is running 5.1.1 and also the latest version. I have never had this problem before. I am stock, NOT jailbroken. In the past few days i have added a weather app, angry birds seasons, and a calorie/diet tracker. I reset the phone (holding the home button and the lock button until the apple appeared) i ejected the phone from iTunes before doing that, and then tried to sync again. same thing. :mad:
any ideas?? is it iTunes or my iPhone that has the issue?? :confused:

jobosumm

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Never mind.... I got it! i think it had to do with the twitter update. twitter was acting "weird" so i deleted it from the phone, did a reset, and then plugged it back in to iTunes, and it synced. i then put twitter back on the phone, and synced again. all seems fine now. don't know if that was it or not. i also restarted the mac, so that could have been it too. :)

Cujaflow

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I have 2 questions regarding itunes syncing my music.

#1 How does the wireless sync work? Sometimes I can just drag songs or albums onto the phone and it will sync, no wired connection. But then sometimes they wont show up on the phone. Im curious what causes the difference?

#2 I will delete songs from my phone, but recently I noticed they will all sync back on when my phone auto connects to back up. How do i prevent this? Thank you!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2