Backing up iTunes/iPhone

Stuart Goldberg

May 11, 2011
Visit site
My wife just got an iPhone which is synced on our Desktop Mac with iTunes. The Desktop Mac is backed up with Carbonite, so I'm not overly worried about it.
I'm getting an iPhone next week. I was getting mixed messages about the difficulty having to phones on one computer with logging in and out with 2 administrators and other potential problems, so I have decided to sync to my MacBook Pro. It is not protected with Carbonite and there is nothing I care about loosing. I hate to spend another $50+to backup iTunes Most everything is a duplicate of my Desktop Mac. The exception is my iPhone/iTunes. I'm planning on copying to a flash drive. Just need to know what to backup. I don't have an iPod or music on the Phone. I mention this because my logic may be flawed about me making a copy because of the potential of duplicating purchased music?
thanks

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
If you don't have music on the phone, what is it you are backing up? Why on earth would you spend $50 to backup iTunes?

You can have multiple iPhones/iPads/iPods syncing to the same computer with no problem.

Since it's a new iPhone and there's nothing to back up at this point, I'm not quite sure what your question even is. Sharing purchased music with your wife? Just use the same iTunes account with both your iPhones and both your Macs. You'll want to do that so you can share apps as well.

Stuart Goldberg

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I probably should have stated what I wanted to accomplish rather than make assumptions that may no be correct, Sorry. I'm going to keep our phones synced on separate computers, hers is working well and don't want to jeopardize anything. I want to backup Contacts(Apples Address Book) and Calendar (Apples iCal) on my laptop. I'm probably being overly cautious since the likely hood of both being lost, stolen, or crashing is remote. I guess I'm looking for a simple way to back up iCal and Address Book data from my laptop. I was thinking of copying to a flash drive if I new what to copy, input? I'm not sure Carbonite would even backup the things I want. Carbonite, I think only documents. I think the files I need are in a Library or something??
Please let me know when I'm taking advantage of you or the Forum. Suspect this is the last "major" question.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77