itunes won't read contents

franzenk

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
I have jailbroken iphone 3gs 3.1.2 and everything has been going well until tonight. I tried to sync my phone with itunes and a message came up that said, "itunes cannot read contents of iphone, click restore to restore to factory settings". The only thing I have done since my last sync was change the root password, which could have been the culprit. I am not sure what I can do at this point, I dont want to restore because I will lose my jailbroken status. If I dont restore then I cannot sync my phone anymore. Has this happened to anyone else? What can I do to fix it?
Any help will be great.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
changing your root password shouldn't matter with iTunes. it doesn't check that.

i'd say to do a restore, sounds like something is corrupt. download a firmware version of 3.1.2 (do NOT update through iTunes!! it'll put you at 3.1.3 and you'll be screwed for the time being)

a list of iPhone firmwares can be found here:

iPhone and iPod Touch Firmware :: iPhone System Software Updates Downloads.

download the correct version of 3.1.2 for the 3GS and then go into itunes and ctrl+click on restore and it will let you navigate and manually restore from a firmware instead of it loading 3.1.3 automatically.

navigate to your 3.1.2 you just downloaded and restore from that, then re-jailbreak.

franzenk

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks

So what I did was run the newest pwnage 3.1.5 and when it went to itunes to restore, it just updated like normal.
Thanks for the advice.:D

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77