iTunes won't recognise iPhone 3GS (Vista 32bit)

jannm

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Hi.
I brought a 32gb iphone 3 days ago from the carphonewarehouse and the guy said in the store O2 will activate the phone within the next 24hours. Fine.
Waited 24 hours then tried to sync the iphone to my windows vista Pc with itunes all loaded up, but itunes wouldn't recognise the iphone at all.I have spoken to o2 4 times and apple tech twice for 2hours each, doing complete removal of all apple/itunes related stuff then reinstalled itunes. I did this 3 complete times, and still itunes won't recognise the iphone even with the lastest itunes.
If i go onto My Computer the actual PC itself picks it up but itunes won't.
I ran a diagnostics test on itunes to find that under Ports:it says "NO iPhone or iPod found"
The next test :iPhone/iPod Touch sync tests
Results: No iPhone/iPod Touch found?
ALL the other diagnostic tests i did showed all GREEN just these two are RED,which i am now?

So yesterday mum and I decided to try and download itunes on my mums work laptop as a last resort since it won't work on my Desktop Pc.
Downloaded the lastest iTunes from apple then synced the iphone, IT picked it up instantly (at this time the iphone haden't been activated but it has now thanks to my mums laptop.)I just ran through the procedures then, tried to sync it to my Desktop Pc. I had no luck. Same again itunes carn't recognise it at all. I need to get it synced to my desktop PC becuase i have over 1000 songs and over 20 movies on my itunes.

I just don't know what to do, would appreciate some insight :confused:
Thanks.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I don't have vista at home, when I get to the office I'll post the steps to take to try to reconnect it to iTunes, I had this VERY same problem ( iTunes didn't even though Vista did, but Vista had mis-installed drivers for it, causing big problems ).

djbbox

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
itunes depends on services in windows to connect and discover the iphone and ipods make sure all itunes related services are enabled and started, like bonjour AMD(apple mobile device) and such then reboot and try it again

Matt74

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
Are you sure that USB port is working properly? Try a different port, perhaps one from the back of your PC.

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
you don't happen to have a Sony desktop PC that you are tying to sync your Apple product with, do you?! reason i ask is because i have had several problems syncing Apple products (1st gen iPod, 4th gen Nano) with Sony PC's. between hours of tech support between Sony, Microsoft, Apple...it boiled down to "Sony doesn't get along with Apple". great. i wish better for you if that be your situation.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77